Lowest prices for your stay
US$110
Free cancellation until 13/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ExpediaUS$110
Trip.com
All reviews nice hotel park fly shuttle driver an early flight room was clean and comfortable st louis
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I am sad to report this Crowne Plaza is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at in many years of business and leisure travel. I often stay at Crowne Plazas and other IHG hotels, rating them highly for service and cleanliness.
A previous reviewer stated it was a party hotel. It looked like there had been a big party going on for a long while. The public spaces were so dirty I could not believe these areas had been cleaned recently. The steps to the lower level had glitter, confetti, and dirt that could not have accumulated in a day or two.
When I checked in and got to my room i could see an unmade bed so I went back to front desk to get another room. The first thing I do in any room is check the bed to be sure it has fresh clean bed linens and is bedbug free. It was fine.
Then I noticed the floor had not been vacuumed or not well enough to pick up scraps of paper and a twist tie.
I stepped into the bath room and the floor looked like it had muddy footprints on it. No sanitizer or cleaner had been provided. I thought about asking for another room but didn't think I would get anything better. The check in clerk was also bartending and I just didn't want to go back a third time.
I used my own sanitizer spray and many tissues to clean the part of the bathroom floor I would walk on, which really was dirtier than I thought.
There was no indication this hotel or this room had been cleaned to match expected standards and certainly not for Covid 19.
After cleaning the bathroom floor I used the rest of my sanitizer spray to wipe down every area I needed to touch.
The bed was freshly made and comfortable so I did get a good night's sleep
The next morning I went to the lobby and breakfast area and could see nothing had changed and really looked worse in daylight.
I thought about talking to front desk clerk or asking for manager but thought this hotel is a disgrace for the Crowne Plaza name. So, I called to report the conditions to the corporate customer service number. The rep listened carefully to my concerns. I was asked to remain on hold while she made direct contact with the hotel. In a few minutes she told me she had discussed the situation with Jessica, the manager on duty, and that Jessica would call me in 10 minutes. That did not happen.
Two days later I received an email from Travis, the manager of the hotel, stating he would like to talk to me about my concerns. I replied with my phone number and said he could call anytime. I never heard from him again.
These actions reinforce my belief that this Crowne Plaza is very poorly managed. The standards of cleanliness and customer service are far below what I have come to expect from years of staying at Crowne Plazas.
I would never return to this hotel.
I have just returned from an international business trip but plan to call the corporate customer service tomorrow to let them no there was no follow up over my concerns.

Room tip: Go to a different hotel.
Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ReeSue
IHG Service, Other at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear ReeSue,

I appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

I am very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service you have received. On behalf of our hotel I apologize for the cleanliness of our room and the service of our staff. This is not what we want any of our guests to experience. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.

Reviewed 11 March 2021

The hotel is nice and fairly clean. The service is maybe not there, especially in the bar restaurant. Sometimes takes a while to reach the service desk. The bartender with the glasses is just absolutely rude.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Other at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2021

Hello Q811YGjeffreyc,

Our staff is trained to deliver excellence to every guest. I'm saddened to see you encountered issues with part of our staff at the restaurant. I have notified our management about it, and we will do our best to ensure this does not repeat itself in the future.

I hope you enjoyed your time with us. We can't wait to see you again and show you the improvements thanks to your valuable feedback.

Alejandro G.

Reviewed 11 January 2021 via mobile

The hotel itself is fine, nothing special. We chose this location for convenience of a shuttle to/from the airport. Don’t try on this at ANY cost. When trying to depart, we waited outside the hotel at 4:20 am for nearly an hour to catch the shuttle, nearly missing our flight. Since no one was working the front desk, at least the customer service rep was willing to call the shuttle driver to get an update. However, the customer service rep working the afternoon of Jan 10 should be fired immediately. I called twice after waiting in 30 degree temps with three kids and she cut me off multiple times while trying to talk with her, nearly yelling that the shuttle runs 24 hours and that he would be there when he gets there. Absolutely awful. We’re still standing outside as I type this and shuttles for other hotels have come through 2-3 times in this time frame. Next time I’ll choose them.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Other at Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Hello 705allier,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel due to the shuttle service. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 22 December 2020

Stayed here again before and after our trip. Great location. Having had an issue in the past the manager - Mr. Travis Young made it all right even after 8 months time.
He deserves credit for handling the problem very professionally. Once again we had the pleasure of having Steven for our transfer back. Great to see him.

Room was quiet and VERY clean. The motel, as most, has seen a large decline and during our visit is was VERY quiet. Check in and out very smooth. Observed great effort being made to keep things cleaned and sanitized. Felt very comfortable with what was being done.

Would stay there again when we travel.

Room tip: Upper levels for less noise from pool area.
Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because it offers park-n-fly for a reasonable price. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The hotel has an on-site bar and it appeared the indoor swimming pool was open.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple