“Better then most”

Shake Shack
Get food delivered
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Orange
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day “roadside” burger stand known for its delicious 100% Angus beef burgers, chicken sandwiches, Vienna Beef hot dogs, frozen custard, shakes, crinkle-cut fries, and way more.
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Our New York friends love this place, so we couldn’t wait to try it. The $5.29 Shack Burger was very good, much better than Swensons and better than Five Guys. The $4.29 Shack-cago Dog was a very good version of a Chicago Dog. The $4.79 Bacon Cheese Fries were much better than they looked. They were crispy all the way to the bottom. We totally enjoyed our meal.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a reviewReviews (65)

Reviewed 15 October 2018

My burger was good, not great and my fries were good but not seemingly fresh cut. I arrived on the rare day when there was not a line so that aided my review. I am not sure how happy I would have been if I waited in line for an average burger and fries.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

my husband I took 3 hungry boys here for lunch before going to a matinee. I always wanted to try out the place but there was always a line out the door. we got there early enough the line hadn't started yet. the shakes burgers and hot dogs were all very good. even the buns tasted good. the fries are crinkle cut which I love since it reminds me of the old fashioned ones from bowling alley lunch counters. the food came out pretty fast. 1/2 way thru eating all of a sudden the place got ridiculously crowded with everyone waiting for a table to free up which says something about the food. I like that this place has a bigger menu selection compared to 5 guys. both are very good just different. make sure you come early to avoid the black Friday sized mealtime rushes

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Because my NYC friends and family wax rhapsodic about Shake Shack, I was excited to hear one was being built somewhat close to me. Having now eaten there, I'm decidedly less excited. The space is small; right now with the weather being decent, the patio helps with the overflow but I'm not sure where everyone will sit in the winter. I lucked out in not having a long wait for my food, and the cashier was friendly and efficient, but the person who actually handed me my food was borderline surly. Still, I can overlook less than stellar service for an outstanding product, but my meal was somewhat of a disappointment. The burger patty was puny, and either it or the Shack Sauce was unexpectedly onion-y...I don't like onions. For the price of the burger, I was expecting some GOOD cheese, not American cheese...I don't like American cheese. The bun was excellent though, and the lettuce and tomato slices crisp and fresh. I ordered the fries with cheese sauce...yuck. The crinkle fries that so many people I know adore were well prepared but tasted like Ore-Ida, straight from the frozen food section of the local grocery store...I don't like Ore-Ida crinkle cut fries. And the cheese sauce was strange; I couldn't quite identify either what kind of cheese it was or the unpleasant aftertaste. I had high hopes for my salted caramel shake--"Shake" is this place's first name, after all--but was again disappointed. I don't like shakes so thick I might burst a blood vessel trying to suck them up through the straw; I wound up having to eat this one with a spoon for a while and later finishing it off after it had sat in my car and melted for about 20 minutes. The flavor was pretty good if somewhat oddly smoky, but the ice cream itself tasted kind of processed. Everything was a little too salty for my taste, and while $16 for fast food may be a bargain in NYC, it's a little pricy for many of us Midwest folks.

I'm sure this Shake Shack will do a fine business among transplanted New Yorkers and those eating there out of curiosity or a desire to be hip and trendy, but with so many other local burger joints that I like much better (and can afford), I likely won't be back.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We just had to check out Shake Shack as we'd heard so much about it. It was delicious I admit, but a little too heavy on the salt for me. I also feel that the prices are high. I probably won't return. Will stick with Swenson's instead.

Date of visit: September 2018