“Average, so-so”

Shake Shack
Get food delivered
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Orange
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day “roadside” burger stand known for its delicious 100% Angus beef burgers, chicken sandwiches, Vienna Beef hot dogs, frozen custard, shakes, crinkle-cut fries, and way more.
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Small burger, burnt bun and not much taste to the hamburger. Fries were ok. We did not try a shake. Busy place for just so-so food.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a reviewReviews (65)

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I will travel great distances for a good burger. With that in mind I had to go a only a short distance for what was a very good burger at an oddly named place. At a place named the Shake Shack ones surely thinks of milkshakes. True, shakes are served and mine was quite good but star was the double cheese burger I had, juicy and a perfectly cooked medium rare. Prior to this visit I had never heard of the Shake Shack but saw a large billboard on the way to downtown Cleveland announcing their arrival and decided to give it try. Glad I did. The only downside is that place is very popular and there are lines to be served. I recommend you time your visit to avoid lunch time and the 6pm crowds. Honestly, I found the wait worth it. Will come back again.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

I stopped in to pick up lunch despite some of the negative reviews because it appeared to be the only place to get food open in the new shopping complex. My first impression was that I think it is much smaller than I expected. It all felt a bit cramped from the order counter, to the drink and condiment station to the seating. But, I was getting my food to go. The menu kindly includes calorie counts for all menu items which helped me decide between fries and a shake to go with my burger. I ordered the Shack Burger which is a cheeseburger with their special sauce and a plain order of fries. I was both asked my name and given a pager which seemed redundant but that's ok. My food was ready really fast - maybe 2 minutes. It was about 15 minutes between when I got my food and when I got home to eat it (thanks red lights). I grabbed a fry out of the bag and was shocked at how crispy it still was! Every last fry remained crispy and delicious. I thought the burger was really amazing. I don't know what that sauce is but it is so yummy! The only negative when carrying out is that the food gets cold quickly. The burger isn't completely wrapped, it is just in a paper sleeve, and the fries are in a cardboard boat. The bag they put everything in has handles to carry it which means you can't really close the top to keep the heat in (maybe that is why my fries stayed crisp?!?) My lunch was still tasty though and I will be back! Full disclosure: I was STARVING when I got this food. Some impressions may be due to my hanger issues.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Very good hamburger. Crunchy crinkle cut fries. So so milkshakes.
Had a chocolate milk shake and a salted caramel shake. Both must have been made from a frozen dairy product. The chocolate shake was from chocolate product not vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.
People did line up out the door, but not a long wait. I noticed people in Shake Shack T-shirts walking up to the counter and being given food for what appeared to be for themselves. No waiting?
Contemporary industrial decor and noisy.
Possible to feed a family of four ( premium burger, fries, and shake for less than $60.
Worth at least one visit to say you’ve been there.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Lots of people anxiously awaiting this opening. Supposed to be something really great but falls a little short of their reviews.

Very nice decor. Nice outside patio to choose from too. Place your order, then return to the kitchen counter to collect your order when your buzzer goes off.

The Shroom (portobello) was very good if not a bit pricey for its size. The Shack (cheeseburger) was medium rare at the best, good flavor but greasy enough to soak the bottom bun. Not good. Not good at all for the cost.

The French fries are well worth it. Crisp on the outside, good flavor and not greasy. If I could suggest a larger portion, it would be appreciated. On the skimpy side.

The Abeta rootbeer ( made with cane sugar ) is excellent but again ... pricey.

So you can guess the theme of this review. Don’t come hungry, because you will not leave satisfied. Just a good bitlighter in the wallet.