Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
HolidayInn.com
US$64
View deal
eDreams
Agoda.com
All reviews coach party executive room the ground floor coach trip would stay again comfortable bed breakfast was buffet style course dinner both mornings lady on reception booked this hotel reception area weekend break stayed one night full english main course yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2022 via mobile

The temperature was uncomfortably hot and air conditioning did not work. Could open Window but as on ground floor and no security latch it is not safe to leave open.

What is unforgivable however is advertising on the IHG website that pet cost is £10 per night and then being charged £20 on arrival stating the policy had changed a couple of months ago. If you want to charge £20 then update your website but it’s fraud to advertise one fee and charge another. I will now be expecting a refund.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daniel Lawson, Owner at Holiday Inn Darlington - North A1M, Jct.59, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2022

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I apologise that there was a fault with your air cooling unit. If you had informed Reception, we would have happily moved your room until our Maintenance Manager had inspected the unit.

All of our windows have a security latch on them. I have personally been into every single room to ensure this. So I am not sure as to what this is referring to.

Indeed, our pet policy did change a short while ago. The website has been updated to reflect this. You were refunded whilst you were at the hotel for stating the fact that the website had not been updated.

Again, thank you for your time and comments.

If you stay again in future, please contact me and I will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 23 December 2021

We stayed here in August as a stopover to Edinburgh. As soon as we Arrived we did not get a warm welcome from staff however we were so tired we just wanted to go straight to our bedrooms. on arriving to the bedrooms We could immediately smell urine all around the room. We dismissed this as we assumed it would probably go however the smell was there the entire night!
The beds were very uncomfortable, and the place all over was very outdated with broken furniture.
We could not wait to leave! breakfast was terrible absolutely no choice for vegetarians :( staff were very moody not at all helpful.
This was the first ever holiday inn i have had such a bad experience in and i will never return. Id advise premier inn 100% as its clean and comfortable

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Daniel Lawson, Owner at Holiday Inn Darlington - North A1M, Jct.59, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2021

Hi 346abzi,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

I am disappointed to read your comments, did you contact reception at all about any of the concerns that you have raised? I'm sure that our team would have been more than happy to help.

As you can see from prior reviews, this is not normal feedback, particularly concerning our team.

I see that this is your only TripAdvisor review too. Were you compelled to create an account and leave a review directly to ourselves based on your experience? I would like to locate your reservation.

Please contact me directly on daniel.lawson@hidarlingtonnorth.co.uk so that we can discuss your issues.

Thanks,

Reviewed 6 December 2021 via mobile

I can honestly say it was perfect in every way
Loverly & clean had everything you needed.
lovely & welcoming staff, that would go out their way to help you. Food was exceptional as well

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Daniel Lawson, Owner at Holiday Inn Darlington - North A1M, Jct.59, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

It's fantastic to hear your kind words!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2021 via mobile

Reception staff were excellent, 5/5 gave me a room on ground floor as I sometimes have difficulty with stairs.
Lift was available but hotel was having new carpeting laid as we arrived, work was overrunning so receptionist kindly gave us a room in ground floor quiet area .
Our room was really nice with
All amenities there 5/5
The hotel was tastefully decorated with plenty of relaxing areas to sit 5/5
The bar area was lovely with a restaurant area which spacious and comfy seating , all the latest protocols were very much in place ( COVID) with plenty of sanitizer stations without being obtrusive.
He only downside were the 2 meals we ordered- my wife -fish and chips - fish overdone ! Me burger with onion rings and bacon- burger was really over cooked - well burnt really - unfortunately the cook had put cheese on which I did not ask for - which the table server asked if I wanted it changed-, but I said it would be ok - wish I hadn’t. It was just k the cheese was so much overdone it had disintegrated ito the burger.
Mind you the pea and mint soup was excellent, and with a really lovely HOT bread role - excellent- as this stay was purchased through a GROUPON voucher for our wedding anniversary by one of our family I must admit I did not complain- all of the staff were really excellent- also a free bottle of Prosecco included in price - so really good value for money, BUT if I had to pay the full menu price for our meals I would not have been happy about it .
Unfortunately the full cooked breakfast was really overdone as tho the food had been there quite a while - but fresh fruit and cereals, pastries- and fresh fruit drinks were readily available we would have give it 4/5 stars but food was overdone- but hotel was lovely even tho it is next to motorway, we would stay again

Room tip: Ground floor quiet area rooms if possible, make sure food is not overdone- food a bit pricey for Mains .
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Terry C,

Thank you for your recent review!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass on all your great comments to the rest of the hotel team.

From all of us, Happy Anniversary!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Kindest bregards,

Reviewed 13 November 2021 via mobile

We visited again but with my husbands parents this time. Our rooms were very clean and spacious, very happy with that. The food was good again. No pastries on the second day as there had been a coach trip in but the young lad serving that morning went to find some for us, very kind of him. He was very friendly and helpful. The lady on reception that weekend wasn’t anything like the lovely receptionists we had met in our previous visit. No smile, no hello and she interrupted my mother in law in a rather snappy way. Otherwise, all good.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Daniel Lawson, Owner at Holiday Inn Darlington - North A1M, Jct.59, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2021

Hi PTW7,

Thank you for your recent feedback. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to the team!

Kindest regards,