All reviews large room easy parking comfortable bed staff were friendly would stay again coming back on site the pub sports bar buffet breakfast was good many occasions main building bottle shop quiet area suburban hotel undergoing renovations melbourne
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Suburban motel located next to a pub. This is a story of ups and downs! The motel building itself is average, with dull old corridors but the rooms are surprisingly well appointed and wouldn't look out of place in a 4 star hotel. The bathrooms need to be updated to match the room quality. The pub next door, that can be accessed through the motel, is fairly standard fair but the food was really good, but quite expensive given the surroundings. Breakfast buffet was fine, didn't have the cooked option but there seemed to be a decent choice.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Philip B, Manager at Dingley International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thanks PaulandRachel1 for your review and really appreciate the detail of your description. What will certainly please you is that we will soon be moving on to the next phase of our renovation plan that will see many more of the bathrooms renovated. We have worked hard over the past years to pick up the standard of the motel and as you indicated we are moving in the right direction. Thank you for the feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

There are not many hotels in this area, so the Dingley is the best in the region.
Rooms I had on 2 stays were just OK.
Best thing about the rooms are the size - they are huge!
However, the first one had a TERRIBLE bathroom - the benchtop was broken and massively swollen from water, the bathtub was stained, the toilet was stained, the walls and ceiling looked like they needed a lot of cleaning. However, I think that most of this was due to the age - in my estimation there had been no maintenance since the 1980's.
The second room I stayed in was slightly better - the benchtop in the bathroom was at least in one piece and not swollen. The stains were slightly less noticeable in bath tub and toilet.
Apparently you can get rooms (for an extra price) that have renovated bathrooms.
Beds were OK, however the bed in my first room (king size bed) was a little uncomfortable, as I could feel the gap between the twin bases underneath the mattress.
Pillows were good.
Shower head was disappointing. Shower curtain was hard to deal with when showering. No exhaust fan in the bathroom.
Heating/cooling in one of the rooms didn't work as expected.
The Bar/Lounge area is nice - good to relax here, however the drinks are a high price. There is a convenient bottle shop at the beginning of the driveway to the hotel - this was good.
The restaurant was below average - I had dinner there probably 7 times during my stay, and only 2 of the meals were OK.
Overall, I will probably stay there again, but not really by choice - more for the fact that there is almost nothing else in this area.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get a room with a renovated bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Philip B, Manager at Dingley International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thanks for your review Deefa1965 and unfortunately not all aspects of the hotel met your standards. As you mention many of the rooms are yet to be refurbished but we are continuing with our renovation program and continue this until all rooms are complete. I will update the hotel with your thoughts about the meals and drinks as all feedback is treated with respect and we are always aiming to improve. We look forward to you coming back soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights while in Melbourne. The room was much bigger than I was expecting. The room was great, the staff were friendly and the rate was very reasonable. We had breakfast both mornings in the breakfast room. The menu is pretty limited and a bit overpriced but the food quality was amazing. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Philip B, Manager at Dingley International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Thanks Ryan for your review and it is always great to hear positives about our accommodation. I will pass the feedback to our staff as they all deserve a pat on the back for their efforts and they will very much appreciate your comments.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

The price is quite reasonable but the rooms do show their age, especially the bathroom.

On the positive side the rooms are quite spacious with a decent amount of space to move about.

For the price per night around $100 it's not a bad deal.

One thing that annoyed me slightly was that there was no cooking facilities in the room, not even a microwave. I always feel that for "motel" so far from the CBD some cooking facility should be provided. The name "motel" also should imply that it includes at least some basic cooking facilities, as opposed to a "hotel".

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2017

we only stayed one night,just got back from day surgery and thought we would have dinner in our room so we ordered a hot meal but it was cold so went without ,but saying that the room was nice and the bed was comfy but it is over priced

Room Tip: rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Philip B, Manager at Dingley International Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Hi Diane and thanks for your review. Our rooms are very spacious and the investment in new beds has been well received by our guests. I will pass your comments to the hotel so they are aware of any issues; but in saying that our reception staff would have been more than happy to contact the hotel on your behalf and have the meal prepared again. We look forward to seeing you again soon.