Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$110
View deal
Free cancellation until 06/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia
FindHotel
Agoda.comUS$110
ZenHotels.comUS$114
All reviews front desk beer wine my home away from home coffee cups waffles fitness center hot tub other hotels first morning spent two nights hotel room early check up to date great stay pool area breakfast was delicious christopher
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2021

Traveled all day got to hotel late, showered and went to get in bed, sheets all wrinkled like they had been slept in, dried mascaras on pillow case. Half an hour later we got a new room. No towels at pool after asking, and being told yes there they have them available. AC right outside the window, very loud. Poor breakfast. Danishes and muffins very dry and tasted old. Stay was not cheap and feel we should have been offered a discount for the dirty sheets, wait and having to change rooms. Won’t stay again or recommend.

Date of stay: July 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sarah Raddle, Owner at AmericInn by Wyndham Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2021

Thank you for bring these concerns to our attention kate23428. We will definitely use this as a retraining opportunity for our staff to make sure this doesn't happen again. However, we are glad to hear we got you in a new room as soon as we could. We do hope you give us another chance if not at our property at one of the other brands Wyndham has to offer.

Reviewed 12 July 2021

I stayed here twice within a week - and both times it seemed to be the small things that I will take into account should I ever stay in Winona again. The first time, my fridge was full of food and beverage from the previous guest (guess the sanitizing of the room due to COVID didn't mean they'd also clean and sanitize the fridge). No apology from the front desk when I brought everything to show them what was left behind. And why only one bar of soap? I showered (had to take the sink soap into the shower), carried stuff to the car, came back to work, used the the toilet and had to walk into the shower (yes, there was no reaching it otherwise- odd shower set up) and had to walk in the shower with my dirty street shoes on. Multi-day stays means carrying that soap in and out of the shower each time. WHY? how expensive can a mini-bar of soap cost? The second trip, as a Wyndham Reward member, I asked for a late checkout from 11-Noon for the following morning. I was told I'd have to call the front desk the next morning and depending on how many others asked for it, and their cleaning schedule, they'd decided then if I could get a one-hour delayed check out. I called and asked if I was a reward member - yes, "well I guess that would be OK she said". No, "thanks for being a rewards member and absolutely you can get a later checkout." Hilton by the way never hesitates to give me a 2PM check out. They also gave me a buy one get one free drink ticket to their bar. Thanks, when does it open? Oh sorry, it's not open tonight. I asked if I could exchange it for an hour later check out - and they desk clerk said NO! Breakfast is from 6-10. I asked if I skipped breakfast could I get a later check out. NO! Not very accommodating people - especially to a rewards member. Also, I went to make tea in the coffee maker and luckily I looked at it and saw brown water coming out of it. Yup, an old coffee pod still in the coffee maker. YUCK! And again, did they clean and sanitize it? Not likely. I also dislike how they squeeze the pillows into square shapes and short sheet the bed. You have to pull all the bedding out and shake out the pillows before going to bed. I think I just convinced myself that this hotel is one to pass up next time. I'll be happy to pay a little more for Holiday Inn Express or Marriott.

Room tip: It's on a busy street. Higher number rooms like 420 would be quieter than 401
Date of stay: July 2021
Sarah Raddle, Owner at AmericInn by Wyndham Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2021

Thank you for your comments about your stay. We are so sorry for the experience you had. I have notified housekeeping about the fridge because this should never have happened. As for the late check out, we do are very best to accommodate everyone's late check out this is why we don't grant them until the morning of incase they might not be available. We are so sorry for the confusion but glad we were able to accommodate your late check out. We do hope you give us another try if not here at one of our other Wyndham Properties. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 28 June 2021

I traveled to Winona with my mom and sister. After getting settled in room, discovered that toilet was too low for my elderly mom to use. The staff that checked us in went out of her way to find us a handicap room when it looked as if there wasn’t one available. She found us a different room at no extra cost, excellent staff. Room and pool area clean. Easy check in and out. Continental breakfast. We definitely will stay at this hotel again if in the area!

Date of stay: June 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sarah Raddle, Owner at AmericInn by Wyndham Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2021

Thank you timewise2001 for your kinds words about your stay. We are sorry to hear your first room didn't work for you but glad to hear the front desk person got you in the right room for your mother. The staff tries to do their best to make sure everyone enjoys their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2021 via mobile

Our room was clean and comfortable, which is my primary concern. I made the mistake of using the fitness center and neglected to read the sign on the door, so did not realize I was supposed to check with the front desk first. The manager on duty was clearly not happy with me. She made sure to point to the line on the sign that said I was to check in. When I went to check in when I was done, per her instructions no one was to be found. If they want people to check in with the desk first, they should not activate keys to the fitness center and they should actually staff the front desk. Clearly my mistake for not reading the sign but she did not need to be so crabby.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sarah Raddle, Owner at AmericInn by Wyndham Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2021

Thank you for choosing to stay with us 957karnj. We are glad to hear your room was clean and comfortable. Also, thank you for bring your concerns to us about the fitness center experience. We are so sorry for the mishap and the confusion. We do hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed 4 May 2021 via mobile

This was our first time staying at this hotel. Conveniently located. Once we escaped the very very chatty desk clerk at check-in, our stay was seamless. If it wasn’t Covid time, I would have said breakfast was mediocre, but considering the restrictions, they did the best they could. The pool was clean and enjoyable. However, the front desk carefully meted out the towels, which were more like thin hand towels and just didn’t do the job so the entrance from the pool to the lobby was always very wet. Overall though, a great place to land!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sarah Raddle, Owner at AmericInn by Wyndham Winona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2021

Thank you Patty54572 for choosing to stay with us at the AmericInn by Wyndham - Winona. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for also bring your concerns to our attention about the hallway next to the pool area. We will look into this more. We look forward to seeing you again soon.