All reviews petting zoo mini golf climbing wall snack shack water park pony rides rv camping splash pad this place is huge hardware store trick or treating driving range great campground water basketball deep end pool area paddle boats
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

This was my family's first time to Kamp Dels since 2009 and we're unsure if we'll return. We're last minute travelers, so we were excited to get one of the new full hookup sites in the seasonal section. There was a 3 day minimum to stay in this section. The sites were okay, but they are the furthest you can possibly get from the water park, and there is no parking at the water park, so you have to walk or bike. It's probably a mile walk. It was pretty quiet in this section, other than the couple having round-the-clock domestic disputes in the camp site next to us. There aren't any mature trees, so no extra shade. The water park is awesome, but it is so crowded! Everyone starts lining up to get chairs before it opens at 11, so if you aren't in line, good luck finding a place to sit.

The biggest con for us was the bugs! I'm not sure if it's because of the petting zoo, but the flies were terrible during the day and the mosquitos were terrible at night. It made it unenjoyable to sit outside. I'm a native Minnesotan, so I'm used to some mosquitos, but this was really bad. I don't recall the bugs being this bad at other campgrounds. We went out to Walmart in Waseca and bought different mosquito and fly repellents and caught hundreds of flies on fly strips.

My only other complaint is the price, but we knew what we were getting into going in. It's definitely high compared to other campgrounds. We may try Kamp Dels again as long as we can get a site closer to the water park.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Fantastic campground for families. Four swimming pools, two with watersides, a fun hands on petting zoo, there is a catch and release pond on the property and 2 lakes accessible from the Kamp Dels docks. There are a variety of age appropriate playgrounds and sport facilities, including basketball courts, mini golf and a driving range, horseshoes, tennis courts, shuffle board (I can't remember how to score) and so many other games and sponsored activities. The staff and owners are beyond friendly and helpful. We've been coming here for years but finally decided to get a seasonal site, our kids and grandkids LOVE coming to visit and/or stay with us.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We have been camping at Kamp Del's for the last 9 years and have kept returning because our kids love it however the new addition to the water park has left us adults second guessing a return. First of all, they offer themed weekends as most do now days but it seems like it is same stuff every year for the same theme. I would suggest changing it up a little every year. We were there for down on the farm and it was feed the chickens with farmer Erin and color sheets. Tuey Wilson again on Saturday and so on. I would suggest possibly a "Hoe Down" dance with a country band or dj. Maybe a sweet corn feed, etc. It keeps it exciting for us families that keep returning.
Second, the added seasonal sites and water park addition have made the campground ridiculously crazy busy. You can't even walk or ride your bike because you share the maybe 10 ft wide road with cars, campers, visitors and other people. It is insane. In all the years we've been there I haven't seen it this busy.
We booked later than usual this year but still a month before and the only thing left was in over flow camping aka new seasonal by the pond. They might make ok seasonal sites but they sucked for weekly rentals. It is too far back from the main activities. There is no shower house or bathroom remotely close to these which is because they are seasonal but then either don't rent them out or offer a reduction in rates for the inconvience of trying to walk, ride, or drive to a bathroom.
They should be offering shuttle service to the water park because it is a joke trying to get all the beach stuff and kids down to the water park from that far away. There is no parking nearby and it is quite the distance to expect kids to walk not to mention it is dangerous to walk or ride a bike that far because of the narrow roads and traffic on them.
The sites are on a gravel road and the mosquitos are horrible as well. We used torches, bug spray, and yard guard and you still couldn't even sit by the fire at night. Our neighboring campers came over at one point and asked if the bugs were just as bad for us as they were for them.
Another complaint, the new water park addition doesn't allow life jackets or puddle jumper supposedly because of the risk of them getting hung up or caught on the amenities..fine but please explain why you would put a kids fish slide in there then..just dumb planning on that. Of course my 4 yr old saw other kids on it and had to try it which was fine cause I was with her but younger kids were going down it without supervision and I had to help them up out of water.
Overall, for the 400 plus dollars we spent I don't feel like it was money well spent. Too many people, too packed and the cons out weighed the pros this time so I don't think we plan on returning.
Another thing, the longer the family runs the campground the more they are losing their customer service and enthusiasm for the campground. They have become money hungry mongers and their attitudes show it.

7  Thank HiediF
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

This campground doesn't disappoint! I now bring my family here 30 year later. The newly added water park is amazing! There is tons to do here. Mini golf, tennis, fishing pond, water park, many many parks. Full animal ranch. The kids love this place!

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

If you want to go camping and have endless activities for kids,this is the place.
Very nice water park, petting zoo, and a number of activities. Free canoes and paddle boats for use across the street.
Very clean common areas and friendly staff!