See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 November 2017

I stayed at this hotel as it was 5 minutes from my cousin house. I called earlier to let them know that I was at her house and would not be checking until late that night. When I got the receptionist Eileen was rude and denigrating. She first told me I did not have a reservation and then when I gave her the confirmation email that was sent a few days before she keep saying she needed the date I made the reservation. She was rude and nasty as I am a black women I felt she would not have talked to anyone white in that manner. My son was a witness and he said Mom we don't need to stay in this dump. My 90 year old mother did not want to go back to my cousins to stay so that is the only reason we stayed. Then she gave me a room on the 2nd floor and I told her my mother does not need to walk up stairs, then she tried to act as if it was difficult to find me on on the 1st floor. the motel is going through renovations we we understood but her treatment was unacceptable. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
managing m, Guest Relations Manager at America's Best Inn - Stewartville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear Guest,

We currently do not have anyone named Eileen working her nor have we ever had anyone by that name working here. We also are not going through any renovations at this time. We would appreciate if could look at your reservation to see what exact hotel you did stay at and move this review to their property listing. You have put this review under America’s Best Inn – Stewartville, MN. Again I am sorry for your unfortunate experience and hope the property you did stay at listen to your words. We would welcome you at our property at any time.

Thank you for your time and safe travels.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We stayed 1 night at on our way to Yellowstone. It is easy to get to and a great location. It was clean and comfortable. I thought the pillows were kind of hard but the bed was fine. There are a couple of places to eat within walking distance of the inn which is great when you have been sitting in a car all day. We actually ate dinner at the bowling alley down the street because we wanted to have a beer with our meal and the pizza place next to the inn does not serve beer. My club sandwich was surprisingly good! I have no complaints about the inn and it was inexpensive.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2017

This clean, quiet motel near Rochester, MN is perfect if you're traveling on I-90 and don't want the drive north to Rochester or the higher prices of the big city. Best yet, there are a bunch of good local restaurants nearby including the Pizza Ranch nearby.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Okay, first it was the price which attracted me. But when I came in, it was - voila, all this at this price! Great large rooms, clean and quiet. A quiet dignified couple who don't bother you and are there to help out, unobtrusively. The breakfast was substantial, and the parking absolutely free!! And pizzas 'round the corner! The owners gave my wife a lift to the airport too, as taxi failed to come - free, happily!! And just 15 minutes to Mayo in Rochester.......Love these guys. Will come back when I am in these parts again!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2016

This hotel is very well kept up. Everything worked fine (but not much on the basic tv). The beds are comfortable and the water pressure in the shower is better than a lot of places we've stayed. I would recommend this place for anyone traveling on I90.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple