Jasper Motor Inn
  • Restaurant
Arkaba Hotel(Fullarton)
The Sands Motel(Fullarton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbus stopcomfortable bedshort stayexcellent locationfree wificity
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Pretty impressed, Stayed here for the night before an early flight.lady at reception was friendly and no problems understanding(as in other reviews) Had 2 rooms and i must say for the price it was great value. Rooms were dated sure..etc walls..Nothing a fresh coat of paint wont fix. but everything else in our rooms were good and clean and new appliances. Beds were comfy, shower was hot and good pressure.Few minutes walk to all sorts of food. Dont go by the pics already uploaded as they are and have cleaned it up and alot of mattresses and bedding have been changed.i wish i took some to show. Thumbs up from me and my family. Will stay again and again if it holds this standard.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We frequently travel the 2.5 hours from our regional home town to Adelaide to take an early morning flight from ADL. Finding a place that is close to the airport, doesn't cost an arm & a leg, is clean and comfortable is always a challenge. Jasper Motor Inn ticks the boxes.

Yes, as pointed out in other reviews, the aircon is noisy and sometimes the neighbours are too - and the carpets could use a clean (or even replacement), but we found the rooms clean, comfortable and good value - everything we needed and close to the airport. Reception was efficient and friendly and we have since returned to find the whole experience consistent in every respect. We'll be back again too.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Jasper Motor Inn is in one of the best areas of Adelaide, beautifully leafy suburb with Main Street eateries and public transport just a short walk away. I needed somewhere cheap to stay while I rested for medical reasons and booked this place without even reading reviews.

I read some reviews once I arrived and was pleased to see that the owners (who are enthusiastic and always happy to see you) must read the reviews too because things that were mentioned in the last have been corrected. My room had plenty of PowerPoints with the addition of a powerboard, the tv was modern and a good size, there was certainly no smell and while the decor is very outdated the room was spacious and clean with a comfortable bed. Yes there are updates that could/should be done but I think over time this motel will be spruced up and will be charging much more than what they currently do.

A few things in my “should update” list are the noise from the air conditioner (however it works fantastically and is great at blocking out any outside noise overnight); the mini fridge is not suitable for keeping medications cold enough let alone food. Think of it as a cooler box rather than fridge, great for keeping drinks cool. Bathroom tiles and shower screen definitely need to be ripped out and new ones put in. The patch up jobs do show and the weariness of it all can be seen as unclean (though I believe it was cleaned as well as could be). Water was perfectly hot and the bathroom was, as the bedroom, huge, just in need of some TLC down the track.

One thing I’d suggest they do sooner rather than later is throw out the pillows they have and buy some new fluffy ones. I had both pillows stacked and they were still very flat though not hard at least.

I will stay here again if I need something well priced in the inner suburbs. As I said before, the owners do appear to be taking notice of reviews and updating and correcting as they can which is an excellent thing to see. If you’re realistic about what you’re getting for such a good price then I think you’ll enjoy staying here too.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Great spot and value for money this close to Adeaide in the trendy suburb of Hyde Park. Great eateries within a short walk. Rooms themselves were basic with the typical thin windows and hollow walls of older establishments making it a little noisy but...staff very friendly and helpful clran bedding and a great shower. Would recommend for a night or two.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

$80 for 1 night for 2 people. Beds were comfy , room was clean and air conditioned, and the the reception were extremely friendly . Was a nice short stay from the city to the concert we were attending .
Thanks for a short stay after a long road trip from Melbourne:)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends