“Little Zoo”

Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Penampang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

A nice little zoo to bring the kids to after coming back from Beringgis Resort. Bring a hand fan or an umbrella along because some of the walking path are not shed by trees.

All reviews
"upgrading"
"foreigners"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Sad to see that the park is not well maintained still (probably due to insufficient funds), it gets worse every time we visit the park. and the animals look distressed. It could be a very nice park otherwise.

We were pretty much enjoy our family outing despite the scorching hot weather.
Some very special wild animals fueled our interest.

Overall that's an enjoyable visit, though a bit sad…

Reviewed 30 April 2018

went there as we were in the area hoping to see some orang-utan which we did but they really looked so sad, don't know if it's their general behaviour, but they really seemed unhappy
the park is nice with great vegetation, specially at the botanical side
as for the animals I would say it's an upgraded zoo which is well maintained
it was a nice morning out

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Unfortunately poor coordination by our tour arrangers caused a casual morning to be transformed into a crowded melee. The animals appeared to be well cared for, without having a lot of space. Amenities are sparse and poorly maintained.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I always wanted to see these creatures, and this was my chance. I am so glad I saw them, but I could not help but think they were unhappy. The park is well laid out but the enclosures look small and not ideal. I understand it probably is part of the only conservation that exists in Borneo but. Its worth going to see simply as some of the creatures there are really under threat. The apes (who are the stars of the show), Elephants, Sun bears and Probosis monkeys. The reptile house needs some desperate attention! I can understand why some might might go and be disappointed.