“Love that you don’t have to go out side.”

Minneapolis Skyway System
Ranked #20 of 235 things to do in Minneapolis
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The skyway system is the best idea. Every big city should do this. In the winter you don’t have to go out side in the cold for very long. You can walk in a nice warm building till it ends then go out side for a short time then go inside again. It keeps you out of the elements. They are lighted so I think it is safer as well.

1  Thank madcurt1
"signage"
in 25 reviews
"skywalks"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited Minneapolis for work in February. Needless to say, I was not keen on wandering the surface streets so I grabbed a skyway map from the hotel and ventured out. It's really an amazing system, and it's amazing that all these businesses are connected this way. I was able to make my way about halfway to my destination without issue, but the directions I was given and the construction happening in the skyway made it near impossible to figure out where I should go so I made my way outside and continued to my destination. I might not have minded, but it was Sunday and not only does the tunnel close early (yes, there are open and closing hours), but there were few people and I didn't fancy spending the night in the skyway!

Regardless of when you're in town you should wander through this feat of engineering before leaving Minneapolis.

1  Thank Schuyler P
Reviewed 6 May 2018

It’s nice to have the first skyway system in America, in the cold and long winter in Minnesota, people don’t have to walk outside with jackets, they just wear light clothes go through different buildings use the skyway, come and experience the very unique Minnesota experience.

1  Thank cattloverss
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Skyways are a fun way to get around downtown. Sometimes they are a bit confusing but that's half the fun. Read the signs and dont be afraid to ask for directions. Most folks downtown are proud of the skyway and would be more than happy to help. Where else can you walk for miles and not go outside?