“Terrific good in a tiny town”
Review of Dan's Bar

Dan's Bar
Reserve a table
Mon, 19/04
20:00
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Hampton
Reviewed 23 February 2021

Definitely worth the drive. Terrific food. People come from many miles to eat here - about 30 minutes south of Twin Cities. Very friendly people and excellent food.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank JoeNathan9249
Write a reviewReviews (39)

Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

If you’re anywhere passing around Red Wing or Hwy 52 it’s worth going out of your way. 1st time here and I’ll be back soon as I can. If you’re a burger lover you must try this joint. The menu was so loaded with options I couldn’t decide but the tender steered me right on the Hog Heaven burger. It’s stuffed with pork belly and loaded with onion straws and cheese. Staff is all fantastic too.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank AaronG662
Reviewed 9 August 2020

Came here after noticing many cars in parking lot while driving in rural Mn. This family owned business in located in tiny New Trier, Mn, NOT in Hampton. It's an easy drive from Minneapolis, St, Paul, Rochester, etc.

Food is terrific. Many good appetizers (please see below for examples) Strongly recommend tater tots with bacon (Really good!)

Service very friendly. As mentioned, this restaurant recently celebrated its 60th anniversary. It's been owned by the same family. Nice indoor and outdoor dining options. Interesting appetizers, large number of burgers, chicken, etc.

Strongly recommended

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

Great service and good food. We had grandkids and the the server was fantastic! Even though it was a Saturday night and busy.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 28 July 2019

I’m not much of a Cheeseburger person but I shared one with a friend and it was
fantastic. One of the best burgers (with or without cheese!) I’ve had in many years.
Hot, juicy beef on an amazing bun! It came with chips but you can upgrade if you want. There were 3 in our party and all 3 of us enjoyed our meal!
The menu offers a great variety of dishes if you’re not up for a burger.
Between the food and the service- this place is a must! I’ll go back and take my family with!!

Date of visit: July 2019