“Yummy Cheeseburgers”

Tue, 15/06
20:00
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Hampton
Reviewed 28 July 2019

I’m not much of a Cheeseburger person but I shared one with a friend and it was
fantastic. One of the best burgers (with or without cheese!) I’ve had in many years.
Hot, juicy beef on an amazing bun! It came with chips but you can upgrade if you want. There were 3 in our party and all 3 of us enjoyed our meal!
The menu offers a great variety of dishes if you’re not up for a burger.
Between the food and the service- this place is a must! I’ll go back and take my family with!!

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed 28 May 2019

I've been coming here for years and never disappointed in the food or the service. Can't recommend it enough.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 15 April 2019

But maybe you're lucky enough to live nearby and then you just go there more often. Dan's was re-done a while back. So if it's been years since you've been here, you need to start with a blank slate. It's still a bar and grill but on the high-end of that classification. It feels - to some - that it's in the middle of nowhere so you could think of it as a destination place and that would be worth your time. In general, they have awesome burgers but other items on their menu, including daily specials, give a large selection of well made food. The Friday fish fry is really one of the better ones around and a lot of food, too. They have a nice patio and there is a back lawn area, too. My daughter rode horses here with a friend once. Parking is available but surprisingly it can get pretty crowded as the place is popular. The staff are very nice - we often sit at the bar and truly can't say enough about the personable and professional staff. Makes a big difference! Great beer choices to cover all tastes, wine, mixed drinks, too. If you road-trip here you can include it with a trip to Cannon Falls - ride the bike trail, visit the winery, the brewery, the Cannon Belles ice cream and coffee shop, go antiquing, too. And don't forget Ferdale Market or the new Artisan Plaza. Or, drive into Red Wing and hike Barns Bluff, drive up and hike or take in the views from Memorial Park or check out old main street and stop in the Red Wing shop, or continue on to Frontenac State Park for a hike and eagle viewing. Seriously, for the middle of the nowhere we've got it made down here! Come visit...(and plan a stop at Dan's!)

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank JCJake
Reviewed 19 February 2019

There's a reason the parking lot at Dan's is always packed. Great burgers, cold beer, terrific fries and even better waffle fries. We have also enjoyed the fish fry on Fridays. The space is bigger than it looks and comfortable. We are always greeted by a friendly face. The food comes out fast and hot. The wonton burger and the PBJ burger are really good. You can't go wrong with Dan's if you are visiting Hastings, Cannon Falls, Farmington or Hampton. Heck, if you are visiting the Cannon River Trail or skiing at Welch, drive over. It's that good.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 13 February 2019

This was the best food I have eaten in awhile! Super hot, flavorful and delicious! We had these jalapeno popper eggrolls - they were AMAZING!!! If you have never been I suggest you go - you are missing out! We already have our next trip planned as we had stopped on our way back to the cities after going to the Eagle Center in Wabasha (meaning its worth the trip!). The burgers were awesome and the service was great. I love they have these little toy filled lunch boxes for the kids! How have I not stopped here before!!!!!

Date of visit: January 2019