All reviews outdoor hot tub lift bridge barn door bayfront park silo restaurant industrial feel patio room attached restaurant saltwater pool modern design festival park duluth harbor great view of the harbor fire pit free shuttle offer free hotel is beautiful
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We stayed here for three nights in August, bracketing a trip up to the BWCA. The location is amazing - wonderful water views of the harbor everywhere. Plus it's close to so much shopping, dining, as well as the convention center, Bulldog arena, waterfront park and aquarium. Yet it also feels nice and separate from the hubbub, being located at the end of a harbor front walking/biking trail.

We loved having cocktails outside by one of the fire pits while watching boats go through the bridge! The hotel provides s'more makings too! We didn't use the pool, but the outdoor hot tub is huge and provides amazing harbor views.

The hotel offers a shuttle (while parking is easy in Duluth, it's all metered). We loved being able to purchase discount tickets at the hotel for the Fleet cruise (fantastic) and the aquarium (well worth a visit). Staff is friendly and helpful!

We dined at the hotel restaurant one night, enjoying the outside seating. The meal was satisfying, but wasn't the best we had in Duluth, but that might say more about the other dining available in town.

The rooms were clean and comfortable (nice pillows). The shower stall design does not provide much privacy (a glass wall covers half the stall, putting one "on view" for anyone coming into the bathroom. Not a problem for couples, but a bit of pain for those of traveling with teens needing to do hair.

I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
NikkiA813, Director of Operations at Pier B Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hello and thank you so much for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor!

We really appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, It sounds like you had a wonderful time while visiting our beautiful city. The views can't be beat and we are thrilled you love them as much as we do!

We hope you had a great trip to the BWCA and thank you for making us your lodging choice while in town. I will make sure this review gets shared with our Team Members on property!

Thanks for being our guest and we hope to have you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here end of August on the Stay More Play More package. Check in staff was not very helpful or informative. Our room was not ready when we arrived, no big deal but didn’t explain anything about what we could do in the meantime. When we booked we were pretty certain it came with breakfast, it’s one of the reasons we booked here. However when we asked it was not included. There was just nothing special about this place. Average rooms average amenities and average service. Not what I would have expected from somewhere calling themselves a “resort”. Won’t stay here again. I’d rather hit up a holiday inn or something similiar.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

To start out with the good - the hotel and outdoor space really is beautiful! The hotel is very modern looking and indoors very clean! We didn’t use many of the amenities but the outdoor hot tub was always full at night, saw people biking every day, and fire pits always full of people around them. We took advantage of the s’mores each night of our stay which is a fun touch! The views and outdoor area are great! We brought our pup with since the hotel is dog friendly (HUGE plus!). We also had dinner at Silos, the restaurant at the hotel, which was delicious! We had a great waitress and highly recommend the spinach dip as an appetizer...a LOT to go around!

A few of the downfalls to note:
The little bridge advertised on their website to make for a quick walk over to the lift bridge was not open due to an event at Bayfront. With Bayfront having an event pretty much every weekend of the summer, this would have been nice to know.

Be aware the minifridge is not a true fridge. When we got into our room we thought maybe it looked more like a wine fridge with the style it was, but we figured it would be fine. After having drinks in there for 4 hours and they still weren’t ice cold, I called guest services and they told me it’s more like a wine cooler not a fridge. This was very surprising and something to be aware of, especially if you are hoping for cold drinks in the same day or to keep food in there.

We brought our dog as I mentioned before, but the fun dog amenities I was told we would get upon arrival were not in our room, so I had to ask about them. We were provided a name tag, pier b bandana, collapsible water bowl which is cool though! A big thing to note if you bring your dog is watch out for non-dog friendly items around the grounds! Within 5 minutes of our first visit or watching a boat come in, we found two fishing hooks on the ground and a piece of metal wire along with many cigarette butts! I feel like the staff could have maintained the outdoor grounds a bit better...especially before check in time which is when we went out.

Overall, I would happily go back to Pier B but just a few unexpected disappointments we ran into.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vacationer576093
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place with a lot of outdoor seating on Lake Superior. Right next to Bayfront Park. Staff was great. Rooms were too. Bikes are on site for guests to use. Pontoon rental available. Restaurant and bar.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This was the first time I had stayed there. I had very high expectations from listening on hold and from FB, but it was not exceptional. I admit, it was a busy weekend and I did not use all the amenities, but was just an "average" hotel stay. My main complaint was that the shower floor was dirty. Really needed some "elbow grease" or just a stiff brush. The staff was very friendly. Two couple friends that were also staying at the same time got 2 free breakfast per room - but when I called down, I was told "no". Didn't argue - but both of my friends had a complimentary breakfast buffet (which looked tasty). If Canal Park is not available - will stay again

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family