Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,761 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookieslarge hotelpool sidebusiness tripparking lothot tubbed was comfortablefitness centertwin citiesshuttle serviceconferenceairportmallmnmoa
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was at this hotel for business. I did not book it and certainly would not have booked it on my own if it had been for personal travel. The area around the hotel does not have many restaurants, actually, TGIF was the only restaurant. If you wanted any other food choices you could take the hotel shuttle to the MOA, but not until 6:00 PM. The hotel restaurant is mediocre. The staff was pleasant. The hotel is in need of a serious upgrade.

Room Tip: If you are visiting Minneapolis, book a hotel closer.to the city. This hotel is a $40-50 cab ride away. Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Terry S, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with our location and dining choices. Please know that we do offer complimentary shuttle service within five miles of the hotel, a range which provides many dining options.

Thank you again for staying with us. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit us again some time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm puzzled about this place, because it's quite a mix. On the upside: very helpful and friendly staff, nicely up-to-date rooms and bathrooms, adequate wifi (which is always refreshing in a hotel), good buffet breakfast, good location near the freeway and natural places to go walking, plenty of free parking surrounding the hotel, nice little variety of places to eat within a short walk of the hotel.

On the downside, the hotel looks on the outside and in the lobby like it's aging, and the parking lot is pretty abysmal, needing potholes filled and resurfacing done. Not sure if the Hilton chain is in process of renovating the place and just hasn't finished yet, or if they left a job half-done. Regardless, the upside outweighs the drawbacks, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and the service you received. I am sorry to hear that our exterior and public spaces failed to meet and exceed your expectations. I will be sharing your concerns with our leadership team as we continue to work together on ongoing property improvements. You are truly a valued guest and we look forward to future visits when your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There is no complimentary breakfast, no managers hour, the staff were not helpful and seemed bothered to handle with requests. My reservations were made by another co-worker. If I return to Minneapolis again I will be staying at my usual embassy suites. The rates are similar and the service is infiniely better. By the time you factor the cost of breakfast and then the cost of the drinks/snacks you get during managers hour at the embassy you save money overall. Another one I like in this area is the Radisson Blu downtown however be advised that one does not have free parking

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Terry S, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding your recent stay with us. You are correct that we do not have the same standards as a Doubletree that are provided as an Embassy Suites, but we most certainly strive to provide service that is second to none to all of our guests within the parameters of the Doubletree Brand, and, in your case, we failed in our mission, and for that I profusely apologize. You are truly a valued guest and we thank you for being a loyal Hilton Customer. We hope to have an opportunity to make it up to you on a future trip to the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My company arranged a 3 day meeting at this hotel, and being from out of town I booked my room there too. Was very impressed with the neat clean, modern hotel and services provided. Would highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for you kind words and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It’s a mix of old and new building, the old wings room a bit small and the air-condition very noisy, they offer warm cookies when you check-in, the price is reasonable only 15-20 minuets to downtown Minneapolis, 10 minuets to St.Paul international airport. They have shuttle bus to mall of America.

Room Tip: New addition
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the accommodations you had during your stay with us. We hope to have an opportunity to provide you with accommodations in our other tower the next time you visit the area.