JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbeautiful hotelthe executive loungeseparate tub and showerstone restaurantdirect accessairport viewself parkluxury hotelnight lightlobby barhotel attachedconcierge roomentire weekendbig tvfitness centerroom keylate checkout
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Very nice hotel. Friendly and courteous staff. Very nice rooms and beds. Clean. The breakfast was superb. Not an easy hotel to find. We went past it the first time, but I can hardly fault the hotel on that. My experience was very pleasant, and I would certainly stay there again.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank E5171TR
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Left my purse in the breakfast area with some valuables and money which is rare. The hotel found it and when I reached out - returned to me untouched. Admire the honesty of this place.
Extremely friendly staff and every single person wants to make you comfortable and is always smiling.
Digvijay in the lounge goes above and beyond to enquire and great service !

Truly a good place to stay with access to the malls and everything

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank VVenk
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I absolutely love this hotel. What a great experience all around. It is beautiful on the outside, gorgeous on the inside, and very modern. The staff were all so friendly. Even the maids were friendly and outgoing. I have never felt so welcome and comfortable in a hotel. The amenities are near perfect. Very large and complex fitness center and a nice swimming pool. The only thing missing is a jacuzzi. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and modern. The beds were very comfortable. I want to visit Minneapolis again just to stay at this hotel. Oh, and the location is perfect too.

The hotel does not have an airport shuttle. Uber cost about $14 each way. The light rail is $2 per adult and drops off 0.5 miles from the hotel. Not a bad walk if the weather is nice.

Room Tip: We requested a city view and enjoyed watching airplanes takeoff and land at MSP.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank John R
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Minneapolis. Minneapolis? Minneapolis! I have just come off a very long rock 'n' roll tour in my position as a handler for a band of long time renown and fame. My job has afforded me the opportunity to visit many fine cities and incredible hotels all around the world. Tonight on my way home, because of crazy delays out of LaGuardia resulting in missed connections, I accidentally wound up spending the night at the JW Marriott in Minneapolis at the Mall of America. I am utterly STUNNED by this hotel's excellence. I gave them 5 stars because 10 was not an option. Susie at the front desk greeted this weary traveler and arranged for a lovely room and a wonderful and unexpected amenity of a split of my most favorite champagne – The Widow! (and no - she had no idea who I work for). I wandered down to the restaurant in the hotel, Cedar and Stone, and was completely and unexpectedly blown away by the best meal I have had in a months on the road from Vancouver to New York City to Los Angeles and everywhere in between. This place is an absolute gem of a restaurant. My waiter, Sebastian,was knowledgeable, professional and attentive, but not too much. I ordered the farmer's salad, which featured absolutely perfectly balanced flavors. The braised short rib was so delicate and tender that it hurt my heart, perched atop it's happy and not overblown bed of cheesy grits. The crispy brussels sprouts with pancetta were crunchy, delicate, chewy, salty and delightful all at the same time. Now, I am one who orders dessert and takes a bite or two to satisfy my sweet tooth and then passes it on to our always sugar-seeking base player. I never finish dessert. Ever. At Cedar and Stone I had perhaps the finest dark chocolate crème brûlée I have ever tasted anywhere in the world. It was rich (but not too), smooth, creamy perfection with the barest whisper of sea salt to cut the beautifully balanced depth of the chocolate. Go there, eat this, and die a little happy death. Almost as good as sex - yes, that good. The hotel itself was just lovely. My room was beautifully appointed with a nice, deep bathtub, an excellent shower, and not a speck of overlooked dust anywhere. Clean beyond clean, with every detail attended to. I never dreamed in a million years I would be raving about a Marriott hotel in Minneapolis. But I am so impressed with this place that I think I will drag my whole family here just to hang out and relax. If you have reason to be in Minneapolis, or even if you don't, you must check out JW Marriott at the Mall of America. A beautiful, unexpected and amazing gem of a hotel, expertly staffed and comfortably but unpretentiously luxurious. Stay here and experience true professionalism, and everything a great American hotel can be.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Gina D
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This hotel has direct access to the Mall of America. It is very modern and updated. Every employee we encountered was extraordinarily helpful and friendly. The TV in the room is very large and there is a mini-refrigerator and coffee maker. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the airport and at the airport there is a light rail to the Mall of America. We had access to the Executive Lounge area and really appreciated the very good breakfast each morning, even on the weekend. There is a charge for parking, $15.00 self park and $25.00 a day for valet. You do have in/out privileges. The elevators were very quick to arrive. We did not eat at the restaurant, so we can't comment on it. Overall, we were very impressed with this property.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of downtown Minneapolis.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends