“Beautiful Modern Hotel in an Intriguing Location”

JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 16 October 2017

In all fairness, we only stayed here one night, but the experience was fantastic and everything we could have asked for. We just needed a place to crash for the night near the airport before family picked us up, and this hotel served our purposes perfectly. The trip from the airport was quick and the check-in at the front desk was smooth and fast. They were very willing to switch our room type on the spot.

The hotel is a very modern aesthetic, which extends from the lobby to the rooms. Everything is very smooth and purposeful. The room was great with a huge bathroom, great toiletries, an array of furniture, etc. I will say that our room itself looked much like other luxury modern hotels on the surface, but it was flawlessly executed.

Because we were only there for one night, we did not have the chance to try out many of the amenities, but we have eaten in the restaurant for breakfast on a prior trip and it was fantastic, including the food, the service, and the décor. I also really like the location of the hotel if you're planning on visiting the mall. It's attached to the mall, so it's obviously close, but it also feels miles away in terms of décor and pace, so it's a great retreat from the shopping chaos.

Room Tip: Our room had a view of a wall outside the window, so worth asking if you want a view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard H

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Very nice hotel. Friendly and courteous staff. Very nice rooms and beds. Clean. The breakfast was superb. Not an easy hotel to find. We went past it the first time, but I can hardly fault the hotel on that. My experience was very pleasant, and I would certainly stay there again.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Left my purse in the breakfast area with some valuables and money which is rare. The hotel found it and when I reached out - returned to me untouched. Admire the honesty of this place.
Extremely friendly staff and every single person wants to make you comfortable and is always smiling.
Digvijay in the lounge goes above and beyond to enquire and great service !

Truly a good place to stay with access to the malls and everything

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I absolutely love this hotel. What a great experience all around. It is beautiful on the outside, gorgeous on the inside, and very modern. The staff were all so friendly. Even the maids were friendly and outgoing. I have never felt so welcome and comfortable in a hotel. The amenities are near perfect. Very large and complex fitness center and a nice swimming pool. The only thing missing is a jacuzzi. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and modern. The beds were very comfortable. I want to visit Minneapolis again just to stay at this hotel. Oh, and the location is perfect too.

The hotel does not have an airport shuttle. Uber cost about $14 each way. The light rail is $2 per adult and drops off 0.5 miles from the hotel. Not a bad walk if the weather is nice.

Room Tip: We requested a city view and enjoyed watching airplanes takeoff and land at MSP.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Minneapolis. Minneapolis? Minneapolis! I have just come off a very long rock 'n' roll tour in my position as a handler for a band of long time renown and fame. My job has afforded me the opportunity to visit many fine cities and incredible hotels all around the world. Tonight on my way home, because of crazy delays out of LaGuardia resulting in missed connections, I accidentally wound up spending the night at the JW Marriott in Minneapolis at the Mall of America. I am utterly STUNNED by this hotel's excellence. I gave them 5 stars because 10 was not an option. Susie at the front desk greeted this weary traveler and arranged for a lovely room and a wonderful and unexpected amenity of a split of my most favorite champagne – The Widow! (and no - she had no idea who I work for). I wandered down to the restaurant in the hotel, Cedar and Stone, and was completely and unexpectedly blown away by the best meal I have had in a months on the road from Vancouver to New York City to Los Angeles and everywhere in between. This place is an absolute gem of a restaurant. My waiter, Sebastian,was knowledgeable, professional and attentive, but not too much. I ordered the farmer's salad, which featured absolutely perfectly balanced flavors. The braised short rib was so delicate and tender that it hurt my heart, perched atop it's happy and not overblown bed of cheesy grits. The crispy brussels sprouts with pancetta were crunchy, delicate, chewy, salty and delightful all at the same time. Now, I am one who orders dessert and takes a bite or two to satisfy my sweet tooth and then passes it on to our always sugar-seeking base player. I never finish dessert. Ever. At Cedar and Stone I had perhaps the finest dark chocolate crème brûlée I have ever tasted anywhere in the world. It was rich (but not too), smooth, creamy perfection with the barest whisper of sea salt to cut the beautifully balanced depth of the chocolate. Go there, eat this, and die a little happy death. Almost as good as sex - yes, that good. The hotel itself was just lovely. My room was beautifully appointed with a nice, deep bathtub, an excellent shower, and not a speck of overlooked dust anywhere. Clean beyond clean, with every detail attended to. I never dreamed in a million years I would be raving about a Marriott hotel in Minneapolis. But I am so impressed with this place that I think I will drag my whole family here just to hang out and relax. If you have reason to be in Minneapolis, or even if you don't, you must check out JW Marriott at the Mall of America. A beautiful, unexpected and amazing gem of a hotel, expertly staffed and comfortably but unpretentiously luxurious. Stay here and experience true professionalism, and everything a great American hotel can be.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo