All reviews beautiful hotel separate tub and shower stone restaurant the executive lounge direct access night light self park luxury hotel lobby bar fitness center room key room service walk in shower little things close to the airport twin cities blue line
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I come to the MSP area several times a year. Usually I stay at the Residence Inn Bloomington because of their airport shuttle, large rooms, free parking and kitchenettes, but I had always wanted to try the JW and so I spent a night there in June 2017. I was greeted immediately when I drove up to the JW and directed to parking underneath the hotel ($15 per day). Check-in was swift; several staff took the time to welcome me and they were very helpful. As a Gold member, I had access to the Executive Lounge, but not offered an upgrade. My room was quite spacious, very nicely decorated, quiet and serene and offered a good view of Mall’s parking lot and the planes taking off from MSP (as for the latter, I do like to watch the planes and so I really enjoyed this view). The Executive Lounge was quite large and the staff was super friendly. As others have noted, it was delightful to have access to the Mall of America with its food court and shops. On the whole, however, I will continue to stay at the RI Bloomington because (1) the wine/beer is free at the RI and such was not the case at the JW’s Lounge; (2) the above- ground parking at the RI is free, I don’t come to MSP during the coldest winter months and would prefer not to pay $15 daily for the JW’s underground parking; (3) the RI has an airport shuttle, but the JW does not; and most importantly (4) the bathroom at the JW had a blue light which could not be turned off at night—and the light shone through the translucent frosted glass bathroom door at night, waking me up repeatedly. When I mentioned the light at check-out, I was told that it was state law to keep the light on—maybe so, but I doubt that state law requires hotels to have a door with translucent glass that allows the light to filter into the bedroom. To be clear, this is a lovely, luxurious hotel and many guests will love all that it offers, but the blue light at night unfortunately is a deal-breaker for me. Perhaps they could remove this “problem” by installing a shade on the bathroom door for those who need to sleep in darker rooms.

Room Tip: If you like to watch planes, ask for a room with a view of MSP
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank junodee
Karen C, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay at the JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal. Please accept our sincere apology. We take all feedback very seriously and have shared your experience with the senior leadership. Our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service is important to us and your comments are valuable.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

What a nice check-in experience! The bellman took my bag and walked me directly to the front desk. The woman behind the counter said they had been expecting me and handed me my keys. (I did the online check-in.) Room is spacious and modern. Soap and toiletries smell really nice. Bed is comfortable. What more could you ask? Hotel is connected to Mall of America and close to the airport. I will stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank AtlantaMonicaTravels
Karen C, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at JW Marriott Minneapolis. The Mobile Phone App does make the check in process swift and stress-free. It is a benefit of the Marriott Rewards program and we thank you for your loyalty! We would be pleased to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Minneapolis!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights for a working conference. Great location about 5 minutes from airport and in the mall of America, you can't beat that. All of the staff was wonderful and so welcoming. The bell guy (Mark I think, older guy) was super nice and accommodating to us. Restaurant had great food and rooms were spotless and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JRN1313

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor what you experienced during your conference at JW Marriott Minneapolis. With nearly 20,000 square feet of flexible event space, we orchestrate meetings and events that are both seamless and memorable. It is an ideal environment for both corporate and social events!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Spent weekend here for shopping trip with family. Excellent service at check-in and for entire weekend. All rooms were extremely clean, comfortable and quiet. Being connected to Mall of America was so convenient for bringing packages back throughout day of shopping. Workout room was outstanding with the best treadmill we have ever used.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula S
Karen C, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Minneapolis on your recent stay in our area. With over 520 stores, restaurants and entertainment venues at the Mall of America, it is a shopper's paradise! We are pleased we contributed to your "tons of fun!"

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We've stayed at Blu multiple times and have never had one complaint. We took a risk and canceled our $80 cheaper hotel reservation at Blu just to try this place out to see if it could top Blu. I can honestly say the only thing better than Blu is the workout facility, other than that, Blu is the equivalent or better. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place but not worth the extra price you pay. If you ever have the opportunity to stay at either place and they have identical rates - choose Blu.

Note: Filling out the special request sections while reserving doesn't get fulfilled. We asked for extra pillows and extra towels but we never received them. Another interesting point - the Marriott info screen on the tv had me listed as Jason (I'm female) and room service was also calling me something other than my name (other than Jason) so that was a little alarming. Luckily everything was charged correctly because I was a little alarmed it wouldn't be.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Ri0Klei

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America. It disheartens us to hear that we clearly did not exceed your expectations which is always our goal. We take all feedback seriously and it will be shared with our leadership teams. It is our hope that you will extend us another opportunity to surpass your expectations the next time you find yourself in Minneapolis.