“Worth stopping!!”

King's Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Miesville
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 14 October 2019 via mobile

We stopped for an early family dinner on our way to the casino. We were NOT disappointed!! The burger selection is crazy huge, but it was fun finding something for everyone in our family. Our daughters loved the black bean burgers. Decor is fun, food is delicious & service was very friendly. We will stop again!!

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (163)

Reviewed 10 October 2019 via mobile

I took my girlfriend and one of her friends to King’s on Sunday night. I had read an article that said they were “voted best burger” more than once. I thought OK - I’d driven by a couple of times and had thought about stopping just to check it out. So off we went - about a 40 minute drive from our home but totally worth it if what was reported was true.

King’s is in a old building that has been around forever. It’s been remodeled and the inside is very well done giving you the traditional bar / pub feel. Nice place. Parking was good as they have a big lot out back. Overall the place was moderately busy but we were still able to get right in.

The menu offers not only burgers but sandwiches, appetizers and I think I even saw pizza. One of Kings claim to fame is the list of over 100+ different burgers - if you can dream it up they probably have it on the menu. The standard burger patty must be 1/4 lb and you can upgrade to 1/3 lb if you want for $3.50 more. Overall base burger prices were about $7.00-$9.00. Reasonably priced I thought.

Our server was fantastic, polite, attentive, and helpful. He made several recommendations and he was spot on. The guy knows his job and he did it well.

We ordered appetizers and this is where our experience started to go sideways - we had some type of fried cheese bites - which weren’t bad in what they were but they were deep fried and it was clear the oil was old and needed to be changed or something. The “cheese bites” were soggy and overly rich due to the high sogginess / oil content - to the point you could only eat a few. Disappointing at best.

We all ordered burgers of one kind or another. I had a straight up cheeseburger - the thought being if they had the “best burgers around” it would be outstanding. I was horribly wrong. The patty was not flat, was overcooked and had just a mediocre taste. Nothing you couldn’t get at any dive bar. I hate to be harsh and I’m usually not but I could have gotten a better burger just about anywhere else. My dinner companions were no better. One positive note is they use a fresh bakery bun which was fresh and pretty good.

To add insult to injury i ordered a side of onion rings to my order - you can’t substitute of even add on for an additional fee. The onion rings came out way after my order and they had the same issue as the cheese bites - heavily oil laden to the point of not really being able to eat them - especially not enjoy them.

On a positive note soft drink refills were free and I don’t think anyone ever saw the bottom of their glass. Great service from everyone.

Overall - not sure if it because it was Sunday night or what, but the horribly deep fried appetizers and frankly a horrible burger that definitely didn’t live up to its supposed status was extremely disappointing. I suppose in a pinch I’d go back if I’m driving through town just to see if it was just a fluke but I’d have to be awful hungry to take the chance. There are several other burger places relatively close by that I would try first. My opinion is these guys either need to give up the “voted best burger” from all advertising and their menu or they need to up their game.

I rated this place a two because of the server and the bar / restaurant atmosphere - if it was based on the food alone, I’d given it one.

Reviewed 10 October 2019

If you're not a local, you probably don't know about Kings. It's the kind of place you would easily drive by. They have over 100 hamburgers; some of them are pretty wild. I had an American cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, bacon, sour cream and green olive burger. It was out of this world. Probably the best burger I have ever eaten. And their fries, both regular and seasoned, are excellent, also.

Reviewed 16 September 2019 via mobile

We went to Kings Bar with another couple and all of our burgers were great. It’s pretty much a burger and fry place but they do it well. I bet they had over 40 kinds of burger combos. It was busy at 1:30 pm, had to wait about 15 minutes. Not a fancy place but clean and friendly. Good beer choices. Definitely will return!

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Flyer583430
Reviewed 14 September 2019

Great burger. The biggest problem is selecting the type of burger you want. The waitress said there were over 100 different burger combinations. I got the King burger and fries and it was excellent.

Date of visit: September 2019