All reviews across the street bagels india room yogurt parfait hot and cold water comfortable atmosphere the penthouse front porch my husband and i other guests beach chairs lake michigan walked everywhere historic house perfect location get away fresh fruit
Reviewed 29 October 2015

The Inn was very cozy, there is lots of art and the owners were very friendly. It was very close to the lake. Very happy with our stay.
The only thing I would've like would be a little more variety with the breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

This place and this woman had the worst hospitality. Up front I explained that I'd like to put down a small deposit on the room and I would pay in full upon checkout. She agreed. However, she changed her mind the very next day and demanded full payment. Not only that -- she also got too personal. I explained I was in the middle of a family emergency, and after wanting details she gave me a condescending and arrogant lecture about how I should've handled it. It's inappropriate conversation and her business practices were lacking in courtesy, kindness and decent hospitality. I explained that I was busy caught up in work emails in the morning so was a bit late for breakfast. I actually got served cold scrambled eggs. I didn't complain, and she didn't even apologize. This is not the bed-and-breakfast you'd want if you're traveling alone or if you're traveling on business. The owner hardly had other clientele, so you would think she would be grateful that someone wanted to rent a room. Instead she berated me for giving me a reasonable price --especially after a cold breakfast, and the way she treated me during the day. I told her in the morning that I would be traveling on personal business, and I ended up wasting one hour because she changed her mind and decided she was "uncomfortable" i.e. she wanted details about my family emergency, and showed about as much empathy as a slug. And I did not appreciate being greeted in a robe at 8pm. I should've known the moment she kept repeating to simply come by instead of agreeing to the price over the phone. After I arrived she agreed immediately, but changed her mind. I should be grateful she simply didn't change the price agreed upon, too. What an awful, old cranky woman!! She made a bad situation and bad circumstances worse. She even had the audacity to suggest I sleep in my car and that I didn't have enough money to pay for the room assuming that I couldn't afford the room. Despite agreeing on a small deposit up front and full payment upon checking out of the B&B, and explaining this was an emergency and thus the last minute booking. Never again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Shabana J
MKHammer, Owner at The Last Resort B & B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2015

I was willing to help this solo woman out (even though the office was closed and it was rather late)...hey! I have done a lot of travelling as a single, believe me! Being a compassionate person I worked with her in her request for a discount, even giving her an upgrade to a higher priced room when she did arrive....I wanted her to be comfortable.
Two things: We do not normally get into cooking hot eggs for guests..however we offered her eggs to be served at 9 a.m. the next morning. She appeared at 9:40 a.m....took her breakfast to a table then walked outside and talked on her cell for 10 minutes. Need I say more?
Later, when I realized she was going to leave the Inn and travel to another state, (two states away) claiming she would return to the Inn to stay a second night...I asked her to please pay the full amount for the first night. Her responses were complicated, and not adequate to assuage my uncomfortable feelings regarding her stay at our place for two nights...remember, I had not received payment.
She came up with $25 cash....and wrote me a check for the balance (which I do not normally take)
I am currently waiting to see if the check does indeed clear....

We do everything we can to make people comfortable....and I will say this...I have traveled many places in this world, and truly value single travelers as much as couples or families!
Obviously it is impossible to please everyone.

Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

We went to The Last Resort Inn for our Babymoon and it was the best decision we could have made. The Inn was so cozy and comfortable. The room was amazing and spacious. The ambiance was unforgettable - Mary and Alberto were the best! They cooked homemade breakfast every morning and it was delicious! Mary gave great advice on where to go and what to see throughout South Haven. Alberto shook the dust off my wife's high school Spanish classes as he is completely fluent. Mary and Alberto are both accomplish artists, dancers and musicians. They treated us to some Salsa dancing and you MUST buy Mary's CD album "Reflections"! We are going back there next year and plan to go there yearly as we have now started a new family tradition and we feel as if Mary and Alberto are now a part of ours!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2015

After hearing all the advertisements on the radio about "Pure Michigan" my husband and I headed north for a few days. Drove up Route 196 to South Haven and found this cute and very accommodating B & B. Mary, the owner, was very nice and offered us the "Dollhouse Cottage" which was part of the B & B, but a separate building. So cute and spacious. A beautiful view of the marine and within walking distance of the town. Mary and her husband were quite nice and offered several suggestions of things to do around South Haven and north of there. The breakfasts were just perfect for us. Fresh fruit and pastries. This is a place I would definitely return to!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2015

This is one of the only B & B's in the area that I could find that would host more than one person in a room that didn't want to share a bed. They have a lot of rooms to allow for families or girlfriend weekends. Most of the B & B's in the area only catered to couples. Each of us had our own bed in our own room, so it was really cozy and comfy. Super clean facility. Staff was friendly and there is lots of room. The common areas are comfy and large and well maintained. Easy to get in and out of, easy location to beach, pier and downtown shops. Perfect little get away.

Date of stay: September 2015