All reviews front desk renovations are complete slow internet nice indoor pool cinnamon rolls nice hotel room was clean queen suite biscuits and gravy quiet area would stay again breakfast was included yogurt other hotels exercise room short drive to downtown business center
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This is a small hotel located on Phoenix Road, about 2.3 miles away from the lake, with no lake view. A bit dated but well kept.

Hotel is in a quiet area, close to a Walmart and a Mejier store. Which is actually very convenient for shopping for beach food and supplies, exactly what we did.

We reserved a double room and the size was decent. Rooms had a coffee machine, a small microwave and a small refrigerator.

Breakfast was included. Decent: more than continental with breads, bagels, pancakes (which were so so) , cereal, eggs, meats , yogurts, oatmeal.

Our room was ready when we arrived but the toiletries were no where to be found. They appeared the next day. In other words, room service was a bit hit and miss.

Lobby staff was extremely helpful day and night.

All in all: a clean, decent hotel. A good alternative if your party is more than two people and you don't want to pay the price of the South Haven B&Bs.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Morella U
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Morella U,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us monitor how our hotels are being managed to the IHG standards. It is nice to know you found the location of the hotel convenient to your needs. I am also glad that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the hotel and the comfort of the room received. Despite these, I apologize the lack of toilet amenities provided caused your inconvenience. I have already brought your comments to the hotel's attention so that necessary actions will be taken to to meet our guests' needs and satisfaction

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Grace P.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel very clean and tidy with nice pool.
Breakfast served with nice pastries and fresh pancakes. Staff friendly and rooms big.
Recommend this hotel if you are staying in South Haven. We stayed 3 days and it was just fine

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jenniffer H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Thank you Vince M for your awesome review! We appreciate all feedback we get to help us to improve and make future stays more enjoyable.
Side note... we are currently under renovations and hope you will come visit us again in 2018 so you can enjoy the new, fresh look and our updated breakfast bar!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

In regards to the room itself, it was clean. Unfortunately when we returned we noticed the entire bathroom floor was extremely wet. It was late and we decided to stay. Reported upon checkout and front desk said oh sorry someone must have had a shower overflow. Really? No mention of compensation or discounting our room. We will not return. A simple adjustment would have gone a long way.....but obviously they didn't really care.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris N
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hello Chris N,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am pleased to know that you found our room clean. On the downside, I am sorry to read about the bathroom issue you have encountered and for the less that stellar customer service provided by our staff that negatively affected your stay. I'd like to make things right so I have sent you a private message.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Lock on room door did not work. Night staff unable to fix. No other rooms available, slept with inside chain lock and chair against door. Next morning shift not aware of fix issue. Finally cleaning staff fixed lock by replacing door battery. Came back late at night,rear parking lot entry door open without hotel key, enter room to find room has not been cleaned and made up.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hi Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. We rely on guest feedback as this will allow us to improve wherever possible. The safety and security of our guests has always been our highest priority and I regret letting you feel otherwise. I am sorry as well for the service let down from our hotel staff. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

Until your next visit, we remain at your service.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting family for the weekend on the lake. Breakfast was great, but the girl our first day was annoyed with me when the pancake maker was broken. Our room smelled musty/moldy. We informed the front desk after we checked out. I hope something is done about that. Front desk friendly and the breakfast girl our second night was much more friendly. What disappointed me is the fact that I paid 450 dollars for 2 nights. I expect a room that doesn't smell musty. I will be glad to speak with a manager should they inquire my input. I will only stay here again if I can't find any other hotels to stay in the area. I hope things change for my next visit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Tyler G,

We would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write the review regarding your stay with one of our IHG hotels. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and it is nice to know you were satisfied with the breakfast served. However, it is regrettable that your stay was negatively affected by the smell of the room received and your breakfast encounter with one of our breakfast staff on your first day. I have alerted the hotel management about your concerns so that necessary improvements will be taken, as we work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior. Should you need to discuss your experience further, you are always welcome to contact the hotel at 1 269 637 8800 or email to hiexpresssouthhaven@theedgehospitality.com.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will consider staying with us again to better experience all the exciting improvements we will be making.

Grace P.