“How it should be”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Well run, inviting, friendly place for a top-notch sandwich. Some basics with interesting twists, and some unique combinations to tempt you.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Julie's restaurant is a casual dining experience, the sandwiches are prepared with freshly baked breads and superb fresh ingredients. Order by number at the counter from the super friendly staff while watching the sandwiches being made in the open kitchen. If it's a nice day get it to go and walk a block to Pennsylvania Park for a nice peaceful lunch among the walnut trees and beautiful hastas, while watching the squirrels' antics.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here today, it was fantastic. Fresh asparagus and greens in the monthly special “May Flowers” were crisp and tasty. The Hamills Ham sandwich on toasted bread was so good too. I love the community atmosphere fresh vegetables and counter style service. The staff are friendly and helpful. I am coming back here whenever I am in Petoskey.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

We were there for lunch last week. I had the special which was a Whitefish Reuben Sandwich and the tomato soup. They were both fantastic! My husband had a regular Reuben and said it was very good. We shared a piece of the Pecan Pie and I wanted to get another piece to go, but my husband talked me out of it. It was so yummy! We will try to go here more often when in Petoskey.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Good quirky lunch spot with original sandwiches, usual salads, and a couple daily soup specials. Not a ton of seating but the turnover is pretty quick. I’d go back but I’m sure there are others lunch menus in town that would rival this spot.

Egg salad sandwich was a little dry. The ‘Jessie’s girl ‘ special was pretty damn good.