All reviewsla fitnessnorth hillsfire pitkitchen areaextended staybreakfast barfull size fridgehome away from homecomplimentary breakfastclose to downtownbreakfast sandwichcomfortable stayking bedworkout roomgreat place to stayfront desk staffoatmeal
Reviewed 30 May 2018

This hotel is clean the rooms are large, the breakfast is amazing with plenty of food. The staff were professional and friendly. Conveniently located to freeway and downtown. The pool was fun and clean. It surpassed my expectations.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The lobby was just beautiful and accommodating. Really liked the continental breakfast. We had an enjoyable overnight stay. I would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Pittsburgh.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I don't think this is a poor hotel, but our stay was very poor as we had to leave the night before our check out date. The hotel is in a great location; 20 minutes from downtown and close to several restaurants and shops including a mall about 7 minutes away.

Upon check-in we were given a room on the first floor just down the hall from the check-in desk. As soon as we opened the door, an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke prevented us from even stepping foot in the room. Obviously we requested a new room given that we don't smoke, it's a non-smoking hotel, and we have a 1 year old. However, the lady at the front desk did not seem to happy about having to find us a new room. She didn't say a single word. Just handed us new room keys.

The new room on the second floor appeared clean, and did not smell of smoke. We slept great that night, (though the pillows were small for a king mattress), and had a decent breakfast the next morning. However, before leaving our room for the day, I found several ants crawling around the front corner of the room close to the edge of the bed. I informed the front desk about the ant problem and requested my sheets to be changed, and was assured housekeeping would take care of the problem. Upon returning to the room that evening, our sheets remained unchanged, and there were more ants spread across the room than before. I had a front desk employee come in to our room to see the ants. She agreed that indeed the room had an ant problem. So, we informed the font desk we could not stay in that room and wanted a new room or a refund. The lady who acknowledged the ant problem told me they had no other rooms, and could not find any bug spray to treat the problem. She assured me that though I booked through a 3rd party (Hotwire) that I would receive at least a partial refund from the hotel. So, we left that night and checked into a Homewood Suites (highly recommend) about 30 miles away.

I spent much of the next day on the phone with the hotel and Hotwire. Though I was never able to speak with a manager from the hotel, eventually Hotwire agreed to pay me a one-time partial refund. The hotel refused to give any kind of refund and acknowledged their employee from the night before was wrong to tell me I could get a refund from them. They also told me that said employee was "leaving the facility", which I thought was very odd.

Overall, it was a disappointing stay that was exacerbated by the miscommunication between staff, management, and housekeeping.

1  Thank hunt4414
Home2McCandless, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear Hunt4414,

I do apologize you were placed in a smoking room, however we do offer a certain amount of smoking room options to guests. I do apologize for the communication among the staff. We will work on this, and hope you will stay with us again.

Warm Regards,

Amanda Stiffey

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Beautiful, clean, spacious contemporary hotel that is pet friendly. The kitchenette had everything we needed including a full size refrigerator with a freezer. King bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was outstanding with prepared oatmeal.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Be careful of the Housekeeping staff! They are creepy and will confront you! Happened to us twice!
Hotel is really off the beaten path as well!
Tried resolving problem with management and all I got was a bunch of excuses!

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Home2McCandless, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Cafeful2018,

I do apologize for this isolated incident. We have addressed it personally with you, and escalated it to corporate. If you need further assistance in this matter, please contact myself directly at the hotel.

Michelle Sbai