“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This was the best meal we ever had a Lolas and one of the best meals we have had on MV in recent memory.
The File Gumbo was hearty, spicy and delicious. The Grilled Calamari was the best I have had anywhere. The Shrimp and Grits were also a winner. The service was excellent and friendly.
MV restaurants are mostly overpriced establishments serving the same type of American Style food. Lolas is different, thankfully. Their food is loaded with spice and flavor unlike most MV restaurants. So glad that Lola returned to the Island .

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We had an idyllic late afternoon on the beautiful lawn, eating $1 oysters and clams. The tables have tons of space between them so that the antics of children playing lawn games are charming, not annoying. I had some prosecco and my companion had the beer special. The service was excellent, especially considering the distance between customers and the kitchen. Buck a shuck is currently daily from 4 to 7, limit 1 dozen per person.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We hadn't been to Lola's in a couple of years and the trip back was great! We had the "buck-a-shuck" for starters: six Duxbury oysters and 6 island cherrystones for a dollar each. They were great and perfectly prepared. Our table then had (1) the enormous juicy burger...it would have fed all three of us. Came with crispy onions, tomato, lettuce, red onion and truffle fries. (2) The half rack of baby back ribs was a good as we remembered and the (3) BBQ shrimp over the lobster grits was excellent! Love that spicy seafood. Lots of beer and wine choices and the service was prompt and cheerful. Going back with friends soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Had the "Great Big Juicy Burger" last night which comes with a huge portion of delicious shoe string truffled parmesan fries. The burger was absolutely delicious. I'd say it's the best burger I've had on the Vineyard and we go out quite a bit. My son greatly enjoyed his ribs and my husband had the shrimp with the lobster grits which was also very good. We ordered a side of the crispy brussel sprouts because we couldn't resist. There are a slew of overpriced restaurants on MV where you can actually leave hungry. I would not say that about Lola's. The prices are reasonable, the portions are good but most of all the food is very, very good. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Had dinner for my group of 29 Flight Attendants. The food was great. Rave reviews from the group on the shrimp, lobster and grits. Everything that we had that night was delicious. I recommend Lola's to all who visit Martha's Vineyard. The ambience was great and we had a DJ to play oldies but goodies.