“Very unhappy Mother's Day Dinner - that didn't happen”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack - CLOSED

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We love visiting the Joe's Crab Shacks Maryland and were thrilled to hear there was one in Methuen. As a surprise my family (10 of us) brought me to Joe's for a Mother's Day Dinner. Several hours, many conversations with the waitress and manager, we left and had dinner at the Burger King up the street before going to the movies. If you are ever in Maryland go! they do have fabulous staff and service.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We very much enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The staff was friendly and pretty attentive.
The fried seafood and onion strings were very good. The oil tasted clean and fresh.
The Cajun flavor of the Cheddar Grits with andouille sausage was authentic but not overpowering. The shrimp were perfect.
Overall a very nice meal.

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Being from Louisiana I know seafood.. And I was not disappointed with this place! I got a shrimp combo platter and it was all delicious! The coconut shrimp with pineapple glaze was very good. I also got a strawberry peach sangria which was good as well! Our hostess and server were both very friendly.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

As a Methuen resident, I was very happy to hear the Joe's Crab Shack was opening in the location that Applebee's once occupied. My family and I went one night for dinner. We waited almost an hour for a table, which we did not mind waiting, but it went down hill from there. The service was ok but the food was terribly high priced for sub standard quality. I asked the waitress if the seafood was fresh, the waitress paused, and then said, well, it's fresh frozen!

On another occasion, my wife and I wanted to give it another chance. We went for lunch. Lets just say it was the same experience as the first. We won't be back.

Signed,
Double disappointed.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Been to many Joe's Crab Shacks in the mountain and pacific areas over the year. Really love the seafood there. However, here in the New England area, you cannot really compete with the NE seafood. Alaskan King Crab is the best and they just don't have that, not even fresh frozen. Very little choices for seafood that is grilled or low fat prepared. Very loud environment for eating and the benches just don't fit the restaurant decor. Good try Joe's, but NE is just not a great location for your high priced seafood that is not local. Won't be back. Service was good, although the young servers really need to slow down their speaking skills, so that they can be understood.