Vacation Village in the Berkshires(Hancock)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$205
US$199
Expedia
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjiminy peakski resortjohn harvardmountain parksummer activitiescalled the front deskfull kitchenskiersconveniencetubstoasterrefrigerator
Reviewed 19 August 2015

We stayed for 2 nights and drove 20 minutes to the Williamstown Theater Festival each way.

The hotel is old, but in god shape. The room was HUGE and spotless. The hallways were very tired and smelled bad. The Wifi was OK, but slow. Didn't eat there.

The front desk was efficient. The bellboys smiled and waved, but didn't offer to help with luggage.

Plenty of free parking.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
JiminyPeakMtnResort, Front Office Manager at Country Inn at Jiminy Peak, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2015

Thank you for choosing Jiminy Peak for your vacation. It is a convenient stop near many attractions in the Berkshires. We appreciate your kind words regarding our resort and staff. Jiminy Peak takes pride in ensuring our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay! We understand the significance of WI-FI and updated accommodations and your comments will be used to ensure a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

We just came back from our 5 night stay at Jiminy Peak. It was our first stay. We arrived late (around 11pm) after being on the road for 8 hours. We were assigned Room 621. The hallway had an distinct odour but nothing too concerning until we opened the door to our room. The stench was awful. Let me make it clear that I rarely complain but this was horrible. It was a mould or mildew but intensified. We called the front desk and they said it was because it had rained so much and the air conditioner had to run for a while?...So we did that. It didn't change. I went down to the lobby and asked for a spray of some kind and they gave me Febreeze which I brought back and sprayed all over the room..It did nothing. Then the cleaning staff gave me a another stronger spray, but still didn't do anything. I did wonder why I was paying to stay there and I was doing all the work? We were tired and just wanted to go to bed

All we kept getting were a lot of sorry's from the night staff and no solutions. We were offered a new room in the morning after we spent the night in that smell.

The rest of our stay was fantastic. Our new room was fine and clean. I interacted with a lot of staff from the rides to the cleaning staff and they were all lovely especially at the tree trekking course. I even hurt my leg quite badly (my own fault) and they were very concerned and attentive. We had a lot of fun and the views are beautiful.

I mentioned our first night to a couple different front desk people and while they were polite, no discount wasn't offered. For that reason I gave them a 3 star rating. It would have been higher if they would have offered some sort of solution the night of or a discounted rate. I realize we got one night free because we took advantage of their offer but I didn't realize we would have to spend that free night uncomfortably.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank KellyCarroll2276

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Unfortunately, on the night of August 4th our hotel was sold out. There were no rooms to move you to until the next morning. The staff made attempts to solve the problem, but it did not help. Please know we do take these concerns seriously and hope you accept our apology that your first night was not an enjoyable one. Should you decide to stay with us again, contact management directly to assure you a comfortable stay.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

Stayed for 1 night at the Country Inn to solely to have the kids play at the Adventure and Aerial Parks.

Quality of accommodation was exactly what I expected for this type of hotel and this price level. Nothing to criticize or praise there.

However, we were placed in a room right off the main lobby with the delightful view of the parking lot and disabled ramp. Quiet enough at night, but starting at 7am, we could hear everything from conversations to carts being pushed to whatever else. That was not pleasant. We were only staying for 1 night, so I didn't request a different room.

We did have a very fun time at the Mountain Park. The coaster was a favorite with both adults and kids.

Don't think will stay here again. Will stay at more interesting places such as Lenox, and spend the day at the mountain park.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about room location. I saw basement rooms located next to a very loud ice machine!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our Mountain Adventure Park. We are sorry to hear you didn’t like the room just off the lobby. It is a highly requested location due to its convenience. Also, the ice machine is located in the central core. We found that to be the best place as there are no rooms in that hallway. We would like the opportunity to welcome you back should you decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

I just got back from a brief (2-night) stay at this resort. Overall, I was favorably impressed with this establishment and I will definitely stay here again.

I had some minor concerns based on other reviews mentioning the shoddy state of repairs around this place. I honestly don't know what those reviewers are talking about! The main (public) rooms are very handsomely furnished with over-sized, leather sofas and overstuffed chairs. The wooden furniture in the public rooms is ornate with a lot of carved wood. The fireplace (which was not in use since it is summer) is large and welcoming. The overall impression is one of luxury.

The room itself was also nicely furnished. I didn't see anything that looked like it was in need of repair. The furnishings are "early American". The living room came with a couch and an armchair, a flatscreen TV and a DVD player. The couch folds out into a queen-size bed but we never used it. I did find the couch somewhat hard to sit on but, really, it was no big deal.

There is a small kitchen that is off of the living room complete with bar stools and a convenient countertop that one can use as a table. My one complaint about the "kitchen" is that it is better described as a kitchenette rather than a kitchen. There was no oven so I couldn't bake the loaf of bread I brought. Also, the refrigerator is very small . . . the kind you will find in a college dorm room. You definitely cannot stock it full with groceries because it's not large enough for that. The stovetop has only 2 burners. So the idea of making any type of large meal is just that, an idea. However, it fit our needs pretty well (despite the lack of oven). All other kitchen supplies were plentiful, i.e. pots, pans, cups, utensils, etc.

The bedroom had a king-sized bed (California king?) and it was more than enough space for the two of us (my young son and me). The bathroom opened up off of both the kitchen and the bedroom and I really liked that it came with two separate sinks (each in its own room) so we could both wash up at the same time without getting in each other's way. Additionally, another large flat screen TV is located in the bedroom complete with a second DVD player!

We were on the ground floor and the windows jut out just a bit, giving a bit of additional windowsill space for storage if needed.

As to the staff, everyone I encountered was warm and friendly and very eager to help.

My biggest complaint would have to be the location of the ice machine (in the basement). I think for a hotel of this size, more than one ice machine is in order. Furthermore, the corridors are long and winding and when you have to add to that a trek to the basement just to get ice, you have an extremely lengthy walk.

Also, we were surprised to learn upon check in that they even supply towels to the pool area. This is a nice gesture but the towels are very small . . .smaller than a bath towel, in fact. I brought beach towels with us and we used them at the pool to sit on and used the towels they gave us to dry off since they are not large enough to spread on a chaise lounge. The pool area is very nice and is populated with several tables and chairs to make lounging convenient. There are also two hot tubs (one outside and one inside). The inside hot tub is larger than the outdoor tub. I didn't use it, but it looked very nice and welcoming.

Overall, we quite enjoyed our stay at this hotel and I would recommend staying here to anyone who wants to spend time enjoying Jiminy Peak and all that it offers.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
JiminyPeakMtnResort, Online Specialist at Country Inn at Jiminy Peak, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice descriptive review. We are very glad to hear you and your son enjoyed your stay. If the kitchenette in the suite is not sufficient for your needs, we have larger vacation homes that are equipped with a full kitchen. We appreciate you offering to recommend our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 20 July 2015

To be fair, we were here in the summer and this place is a ski resort - so take my review with that consideration. The layout of the resort and the rooms and the resort setting is very nice. I was very impressed with the staff - very friendly and helpful; always a smile and a "hello" from everyone. During our three night stay, housekeeping didn't make up our room one day so that was a minor negative. Other than that I would say the place just needs some general cosmetic maintenance and upkeep. Lots of nicks, chipped paint, etc. - the rooms are adequate but have seen better days.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

We strive to provide excellent service to all our guests, so we are happy to hear it was so well received. Sorry for the oversight of your room not being serviced one night, we will pass that along to the department’s manager. Throughout the year we continuously do updates to try to improve upon the appearance and amenities at the Country Inn. Currently, we are remodeling our exercise facility. We hope to see you back in the future so you can see the finished product!