Hotels.com
All reviewshouse tourparanormal activityjohnny cakesghost huntingentire houseemma suiteparanormal experiencesghost storiesknew her stuffother guestscrime scenehistorical societynext morningperiod piecesinteresting tourovernight guestsmorse room
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We traveled 980 miles to spend the night at this house and were not disappointed! Our tour guide, Danielle, was phenomenal! Her detailed account of the events on that fateful day had each of us feeling like forensic experts. The tour alone was worth the trip. The house is beautiful and you could feel the history in it. We were blessed with a great group to share the home with that night as well. We personally stayed in the Lizzie and Emma suite. The only activity we got was from a voice activated recorder that picked up the sound of the door being unlactched and relatched. No one was staying in the adjoining room and we were sleeping soundly. We also had issues with equipment not working on the 3rd floor and a possible moving orb captured on video coming from the Knowlton room. Even with minimal evidence of the paranormal, I would highly recommend spending the night. Also make time to visit the gravesite about a mile from the home!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

AMAZING !! I have Wanted to experience the Borden house for over 40 years, ever since I saw the TV movie with Elizabeth Montgomery when I was a kid.
I decided to take a solo trip up to Massachusetts to hit all of the areas that I wanted to see and of course this was on my list. I booked the maid’s room in the attic (Bridget Sullivan) I have never stayed in a B/B where I may have to share a bathroom, but for this experience I was willing!! I lucked out and there was no one else staying in the attic rooms that shared that bathroom. I was also lucky that there was only three other guests that night, a couple & another solo female traveler. We all had a great time.
I cannot say enough good things about the staff / volunteers at this house. Everyone was so kind and really made you feel welcome. I got there rather early, and our volunteer guide for the night, Rick, offered to show me the house even before it was time to check in.
Check in for the overnight guests are between 4 -6 PM the tour starts at 8 PM. Myself and the other guests walked to a local restaurant to have dinner before our tour. Rick then took us on an amazing journey throughout the house as well as the history of the murder trial.
This concluded around 11 PM, and after Rick left the four of us talked and did a little bit of exploring. we were all very tired and retired to our rooms. I have to admit it was creepy being in the attic by myself. the room was very comfortable & I did manage to sleep but I did have a very strange experience that night. In the morning Tim cooked us an amazing breakfast, and was nice enough to take a group photo on the infamous couch! We also were able to have our own private time in the gift shop.
It’s not cheap to spend the night—but worth every penny!!!
Thanks again to Rick & Tim!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent 2 hour tour led by Rick. Furnishings are not the original pieces but are very authentically matched to be as close as possible. Enjoyed the camaraderie of the other guests. Staff eas very friendly and breakfast was delicious. It was an incredible experience!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2018

We did the one hour house tour with Ryan as the guide and thoroughly enjoyed it. The property is very well maintained and accurately restored, the tour is well developed and interesting, and Ryan was a very engaging and informative guide. Lots of great information about the case and well worth the trip. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I was a little late to make the last house tour of the day. I still wanted to go. I wandered around outside for a bit and stopped in the gift shop and chatted with the gentleman working behind the counter. Definitely hit up the gift shop and pick up a rubber axe or maybe a magnet. I will go back next time I am in the area, and it will be a little earlier in the day.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo