“Good Times Revisited”

Price range: US$6 - US$32
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

September 2017. This is our second visit, the first being 3 years ago. This pub is an excellent venue for dinner after a long day on the canal. Last time there was two of us, this time a foursome. We had had such a fine meal in June 2014 that we had no hesitation in coming back and I'm glad we did. Being 7 months ago I cannot for the life of me remember what dishes we had except that we all enjoyed what we ordered. I do remember having an Eton Mess for dessert, yummo. Great beers were also consumed.
To sum up. Great service, food, beer and atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

excellent steak, cooked perfectly. All our food was lovely, hot and tasty, ranging from fish and chips, Cajun chicken burger and my steak but the service was a bit slow. The waitresses were very busy so it was not like they were not doing anything, it just took a while to order and for the plates to be removed and to order dessert, but a great meal as always.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We came for dinner for a second time in the same week in early April and had a lovely evening; the food was great and the beers too!
I had the fish of the day which was sea bass and my wife had chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with mushrooms. First class and great service too.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We were out for a drive, hadn’t had lunch and didn’t realise that it had got to 3:50pm. Debated over a late lunch or an early dinner :) the menu made it difficult as there were at least 3 choices that I really wanted. Decided on the lasagne as it’s Gluten free and I hadn’t had that for years( apart from sad homemade attempts) . It was perfect, meaty, tomatoey, cheesy unctuousness. Served with GF garlic bread and a side salad that actually had a nice dressing (not a dry offering that many place offer). Hubby had the beef bourguignon, he snaffled it quietly and didn’t offer me a taste. So I knew it was really good.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Having been boating in January we treated ourselves to an evening meal in the Lord Combermere. The restaurant was very busy for a Thursday night but they squeezed us in. The pub was lovely and warm and the food was great. Little bit more pricey than your average pub grub but generally better too