“Good Times Revisited”

Cuisines: Pizza, Bar, Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

September 2017. This is our second visit, the first being 3 years ago. This pub is an excellent venue for dinner after a long day on the canal. Last time there was two of us, this time a foursome. We had had such a fine meal in June 2014 that we had no hesitation in coming back and I'm glad we did. Being 7 months ago I cannot for the life of me remember what dishes we had except that we all enjoyed what we ordered. I do remember having an Eton Mess for dessert, yummo. Great beers were also consumed.
To sum up. Great service, food, beer and atmosphere.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 22 April 2018

excellent steak, cooked perfectly. All our food was lovely, hot and tasty, ranging from fish and chips, Cajun chicken burger and my steak but the service was a bit slow. The waitresses were very busy so it was not like they were not doing anything, it just took a while to order and for the plates to be removed and to order dessert, but a great meal as always.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

It was good to be back in Audlem and I'm delighted to unequivocally recommend The Lord Combemere to you; food quality is excellent and the welcome warm - I noticed it being extended across the bar to everyone.
Service with a smile and only a short waiting time for food; my moist, tender sea bream was cooked to crispy-skinned perfection, served on a bed of delicious pesto linguine with baby tomatoes and my partner's good old fish and chips with a cider-infused batter was described by him as being 'immense' - this term applying to both the taste AND size of the fish!
The specials looked tempting as they came out from the kitchen too.
You get what you pay for, as they say; there ARE less expensive local venues in which to dine if you're counting the pennies but our food was seriously good in The Lord C and worth every penny. Treat yourself. Absolutely recommended.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

A great place, highly recommended. Very helpful and friendly service, my family (+dog) couldn’t have been better catered for. Both food and beer were first class, the whole family loved it.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We came for dinner for a second time in the same week in early April and had a lovely evening; the food was great and the beers too!
I had the fish of the day which was sea bass and my wife had chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with mushrooms. First class and great service too.