Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
FindHotel
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2020

I was trying to find an affordable and convenient place for my parents to stay for one night while in town for a graduation. Upon arrival, I thought - well, this isn't too bad - phew. We get into the lobby and I knew things were going downhill. The laundry is right off the front desk, door wide open... the area behind the front desk was piled high with deliveries, laundry carts, and general disarray. We stood for a little bit, waiting for someone to notice we had come in. When she finally got there, it was harried and rushed as the phone was now ringing as well. The clerk was very friendly but asked us to wait while she picked up the phone. The conversation went a little like this.

"304? That should be empty..... No...did you knock? ......Last night, he was in 307. You need to check that room. ........No one should be in 304.........That...that's not good."

Eek. Ok, I just crossed my fingers and hoped my parents weren't on the third floor (they weren't). First, we got lost because the room number system is weird. I won't bother describing it but it was confusing. We then found the room after going down the dimly light, highly stained and scuffed hallway. It smelled. It was a combo of many cooked foods wafting into the hallway plus age/mustiness. There were many, MANY cameras dotting the ceilings - most of which looked fairly new - so that's comforting and yet, disconcerting all at the same time.

The room was worn, but it was clean. Definitely smelled musty, even after the AC ran for a bit. There are no amenities to speak of. No plastic cups, no sundries, no ice bucket/ice machine. Very basic and utilitarian. If you wanted anything for use in the kitchenette, you have to request it from the front desk. I would think that if you were hard pressed to find a cheap place to stay during construction or a search for a permanent residence, this could work as it did have a basic kitchenette (with two stove-top burners, but no oven).

There were constantly smokers in front of the building which was a little annoying as you had to walk through the cloud of smoke to enter. Wish the property would designate an area for them away from the entrance.

I just don't think I'd ever put my parents (or anyone else) through that again. It simply wasn't a nice place for an overnight stay. I can see the value in a cheap place to hang your hat when you are in a pinch, but I'd rather shell out an extra $30 a night to go up the road to the Hyatt.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank melindalyn
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2020

Mindy, thank you for choosing us for your parents while they were here for graduation. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we will take immediate action to identify why we failed so we can prevent these issues from occurring again. It is never our intention to disappoint you all in any way, and we hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2019

Booked this hotel last minute. As soon as I walked in the overwhelming stench hits you right in the face. Went to the room and the smell got worse. The room was outdated and just seemed dirty. Cancelled my booking and couldn’t get out of there fast enough. Did not get a good feeling of safety at this place. Avoid this place like the plague!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Daydream829994
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2019

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are very sorry for the cleanliness issue you encountered and regret the disappointing visit you had at our hotel. We take this issue seriously and will address this with our housekeeping team to take corrective measures so that our future guests’ do not experience a similar problem. We hope you and your family will choose us again so we can provide you with a more enjoyable and favorable impression of our hotel.

Reviewed 18 August 2019

When I checked in there was Mike's hard lemonade bottle caps all over the floor. I picked up a total of 4 of then. Than I found peanuts under the bed. Next to one of the beds there was a cellphone charger and a container for a tips.

The fridge the outside was gross. There was food stuck down the side of it and the top had enough dirt on it I am unsure if it ever has been cleaned.

The hood for cooking underneath was absolutely disgusting.

The bathroom had hair stuck on the ceiling.One of the wall lights The button was in pieces on the desk. Hope they dont try to charge me for that or I will be even more upset.

Then the staff was unfriendly rude and not an ounce customer service oriented. The lady from the front desk called the room at 1015 and advised check out was at 1100. I advised her I was working on getting my stuff together.

On my way out I put my key card on the desk and advised her that I got the hint.

Will never return here again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Kimberly,

Thank you for being our guest. We apologize for not living up to our commitment to clean, fresh accommodations during your stay. Your comments will be shared with the housekeeping team for review and action. We are also sorry for the unpleasant experience with our associates and the service issues you encountered. We strive to provide wonderful hospitality to all of our guests, but we let you down. Your feedback is important to us, and we will use it to improve our services going forward. Please give us another chance to prove ourselves.

Reviewed 3 July 2019

The place was clean. This is extended stay with no frills. The stove tops were rusty but the fridge did keep thing cold. I had to use a plastic bag as a stopper to wash dishes because none were provided. For those with budget issues this might suffice. I would recommend that you spend time looking around before settling on this one. I will not be returning.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank Jeff S
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2019

Jeff,

Thank you for choosing us. Although you had an overall pleasant stay with us, we are sorry for the issues you encountered. This is not the way we would like our guests to leave with, so your feedback has been discussed with the appropriate team members to improve our future guests’ experiences. On behalf of everyone here, we invite you to revisit us for an even better experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2019 via mobile

Horrible place! Cancelled reservations upon seeing filthy lobby, never mind room! Never even got that far. Also given misinformation regarding getting around and how near to Boston.
Even clientele looked a little sketchy. Definitely avoid!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Travel531890
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2019

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the cleanliness issue you encountered and regret it compromised your stay. Although we make every effort to provide a clean, comfortable and outstanding guest experience, sometimes we fall short. We hope to have a future opportunity to restore your confidence in us.