All reviews valet parking complimentary breakfast metro station self park valet staff oatmeal dc trip corner room dc area across the street three blocks same building indoor pool few blocks whole foods cookies silver
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I am loyal to the Hampton brand and found this property met my expectations. I have found Hampton staff all over the US work hard to make guests feel at home. I didn't use all the amenities so I can't rate the breakfast or the fitness center, but I can say that check-in, check-out and everything in between went smoothly. The hotel is set back from the street, so I didn't spot it on my first drive-by. Keep an eye out.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Hotel is a perfect location, walking distance to everything. Rooms are clean beds very comfortable. We were going to a show at the Fillmore which is a 2 minute walk. Valet parking was helpful, got car very quickly.

Even with the road work going on and the construction next door I would recommend staying here. Driveway is a little tight but no big deal.

Staff all very friendly and helpful. Look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Our stay was so positive that I will consider Hampton Inn first when researching a hotel in another city! Our room & bathroom were clean, the pool area was bright with no signs of mold, and the breakfast buffet was delicious! It is a 3 block walk to the Metro with a 20 minute ride to D.C. - very convenient. We had dinner at some wonderful restaurants within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and efficient replacing items on the breakfast buffet immediately when needed. The only negative was the loud noise from the hot water pipes when taking a shower, but that was minor. I would recommend this hotel and would return!

Room Tip: Even though the construction next door never woke or bothered us, it may be good to request a room on the opposite side.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank maryann298
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel is old and outdated. Room was dirty. Dirty towels, dirty linens and a broken toilet. Their solution was to give me HH Points. The night staff tried to the best of their ability. When checking out, day manager really didn’t care. Was eager to be done with me.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom S
kparker2016, General Manager at Hampton Inn Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Tom S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a candid review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for your negative experience. As General Manager, I am able to use these types of reviews to help improve our overall guest satisfaction and excellent customer service.

Please know that your experience does not reflect the overall performance of our hotel when it comes to service and product. We truly value each and every one of our guests and would want nothing but the best experience for them.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Warmest Regards,
Kristyn Parker
Complex General Manager

Reviewed 13 April 2018

It doesn't provide a shuttle to the FDA. But you can take the 22 bus. The complimentary breakfast is not bad. The heating/air conditioning unit in the room is rather loud (I've stayed twice in the last 2.5 months, and it's a consistent problem, but I can cover it with blankets and stuff and sleep peacefully). The staff were friendly.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank elaine27182018

Dear Elaine27182018,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are happy you found the staff to be helpful during your stay with us. We appreciate all of the comments about our hotel as it can help us improve in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,