“A beautiful dining experience”
Review of Barrett's Grill

Barrett's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Barrett's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Hunt Valley
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: York Road
Description: Barrett’s Grill Restaurant specializes in chef-prepared, scratch American cuisine. We'll tempt your every sense with an unforgettable culinary experience!
Reviewed 2 May 2018

My brother very recently obtained his pilots license so of course we all wanted to celebrate. We reserved one of the private dining rooms at Barrett's Grill for 13 family members for this past Saturday night. I was a bit hesitant to reserve this resturant because I had never eaten there and was concerned the celebration would be ruined by mediocre service and food. My anxiety was so misplaced!

First, the private dining room was beautifully set accented by candles and dim lighting. Who wants to eat in a bright dining room?? Not me that is for sure. And even though it was directly across from the kitchen one could hear anything as there is a door which creates privacy.

Second, the food was fabulous. Everyone raved about the quality of the food and that it arrived hot not lukewarm. The courses were well paced. I loved my prime rib.

Third, the serivce by Chris was superb as was the other help whcih assisted. Drink and wine service was great. Everything was so polished.

Paul, one of the managers took the time to come by on a very busy Saturday night to make sure all was well. Thank you Paul and thank you Chris for making it a very memorable night.

I also want to comment the young ladies at the front desk. I am so sorry I cannot remember thier names but they are really awesome, welcoming and friendly.

Il certainly look forward to returning in the near future. Highly recommended.

Timothy D, Guest Relations Manager at Barrett's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Hi Patliner! Thank you so much for the glowing review! We are happy to hear your visit was such a positive one! We hope to see you again soon and will make sure to let Paul and Chris know to be around!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

It's an unusual place for a nice restaurant - around the perimeter of the shopping area. We went here to celebrate our anniversary. I liked the menu which had a variety and not just one type of food. I ordered the short ribs, which were so tender that I didn't need a knife to cut them. My husband ordered the salmon which he also enjoyed. We also had excellent service. We had just finished eating our rolls and the entrees were served. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the carrot cake. It was very heavy and dense. My husband did enjoy his peach cobbler. I recommend trying this restaurant.

Hello Theresa! We are happy that you enjoyed your meal! Thank you for your thoughts on the Carrot Cake, we have passed them along to our chef and will keep it in mind for the future. We hope to see you both again sometime soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Went to Barrett’s with a group of people while attending an event in Hunt Valley. It took nearly a half hour to get our drinks after ordering. Granted, it was St Patrick’s Day, but the restaurant did not seem overly crowded. I ordered a special, which was a fish dish with crab meat. It arrived cold, and with no crab. My husband ordered a second drink, which never came, and another member of our party did not get his meal until most of us were well into ours. The manager did remove my dinner from our bill.
The restaurant came highly recommended by the front desk at our hotel. I doubt we will return if we are ever in the area again.

2  Thank Dbm1012

Hi Dbm1012, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact our General Manager, Paul Silberman, at silberman.p@stonebridgerestaurants.com so we can do our best to help this situation.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We arrived for lunch on an early Sunday afternoon and were quickly seated. We were offered both lunch and breakfast menus. The service was slow and spotty throughout the meal and we were ignored at times. The chicken chopped salad was nothing more than bagged lettuce with a few things cut up into it. The cheeseburger was a thin tasteless patty of meat with tiny greasy frozen fries. The chocolate waffles were only waffles with chocolate syrup squeezed on top. The menu is simple; however, the kitchen cannot cook the items to quality and all is very lackluster.

And trying to get service was pulling teeth throughout the meal and the place was not busy. Decor is simple although the bar is nice and serves very good drinks. Go for the drinks and not the food. I will not return or recommend.

1  Thank pensando42

Hi pensando42, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact our General Manager, Paul Silberman, at silberman.p@stonebridgerestaurants.com so we can do our best to help this situation.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

We wanted somewhere about halfway between our homes since we live 2 hours apart. Chose Barrett's because the reviews were mainly positive. It was a good choice. We spent about 2 ½ hours enjoying our lunch and our conversation. The wait staff was professional and accommodating. We were served a delicious, leisurely lunch. Never felt rushed or pressured to order more.
Everyone enjoyed their food which was fresh and well-prepared. Portions were adequate but not so large that you felt uncomfortably full.
We will definitely be using this as our meeting place again.

Hi Denise! Thank you for such a great review! We can't wait to see you on your next visit!

Been to Barrett's Grill? Share your experiences!