Sonesta ES Suites Columbia
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront desktwo bedroom suitean extended stayfull size refrigeratorsmall kitchensitting areaoutdoor poolbaltimore areahot breakfasthome away from homeellicott cityfree breakfastsoccer tournamentcoffee makerone night staybagelstues
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Do NOT stay in this hotel if it is important to you to stay in the room type you booked. Reserved the 2 bedroom suite. Was apparently bumped from the room because they allowed the people in the room to extend their stay. Any reputable hotel would have told them they needed to switch rooms because it was booked. I was not told until check-in. I should have seen this coming because the person who checked in before me was bumped from her room as well. Given the amount I travel, I was looking forward to trying out this chain. Will not be staying here or at any Sonesta properties again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Shane B, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are disappointed to read that your stay was below par. If you would like to speak further regarding this matter, please contact me directly at sbrown1@sonesta.com .If the opportunity should arise, we hope you will give us another chance on a future stay.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked a room to attend a soccer tournament in the area. There are plenty of name brand hotels in the Columbia, MD area – we chose this hotel for the outdoor pool. There is no good reason for the hotel to not have the pool open and ready for Memorial Day Weekend. It was closed and didn’t open till Saturday. Not what the kids wanted to hear following a long drive.

NO ATTENTION TO DETAIL:
The room has a nice layout however our room stunk of cigarette smoke. We asked for a remedy and none was given other than “we sprayed the room for you”. We had to deal with the stink for two-days.

The hotel does not offer individual bottles of shampoo – it is health club style shampoo and conditioner dispenser. One dispenser was clogged, and nothing was done about it. Also, the mattress cover was ripped and was merely tucked back in instead of being replaced. The best part: no one bothered to come to clean the room our first day.

NOTE: We were told after checking in that it costs EXTRA for the room to be cleaned more than once a week. The most they will do is to replace towels and make the bed.

DON’T STAY HERE IF YOU NEED TO LEAVE EARLY AND WANT BREAKFAST: most hotels will serve morning breakfast between 6:00am – 6:30am. Not here on weekends. 7:30am breakfast which meant we had to eat out (early soccer games). The best was Memorial Day Monday – “sorry it’s a holiday, no 6:30am breakfast”. Who ever heard of a hotel taking a vacation?

Given the many choices and the higher price, take a look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Thank you for providing feedback regarding the events that took place during your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us due to several issues..Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work hard to correct the issues which affected you to ensure your experience is not repeated.Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate all of your feedback.If you would like to speak further regarding this matter, please contact me directly at sbrown1@sonesta.com. If the opportunity should arise, we hope you will give us another chance on a future stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I attended a convention in Ellicott City, MD, and this hotel was an alternate place to stay since the venue for the convention was completely sold out. The suite I had was excellent. Comfortable, clean and so relaxing after hours of being at the convention. I found the bed to be extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very nice. Beautiful place to get ready for the events I had to attend. When I checked out on Saturday I received a Happy Mother's Day card since it was that weekend. I've never received a greeting card on a holiday when I've stayed at a hotel on the holiday, very nice touch. The grounds were beautiful. It made me wish I had more time to spend there. Pool looked great, flowers were cared for and in bloom. There was a pavilion in the garden for barbecuing also. The staff was friendly and very helpful. An overall excellent stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Shane B, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We pride ourselves on providing great service to all our guest so we are happy to hear we met this goal during your stay.We would like to thank you for your review and would like the opportunity to provide you with another great stay in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was gone most of the day and when we returned, nothing had been done to our room, no housekeeping at all. Had to go get more towels, hand to empty our own trash. Was very noisy, kids running in the halls at night, heard lots of noise from people above us at 4am both nights there. The day of checkout the housekeeper was knocking on our door before I had checked out.....go figure.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Shane B, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us due to housekeeping and noise issues..Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work hard to correct the issues which affected you to ensure your experience is not repeated.Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate all of your feedback.If you would like to speak further regarding your stay, please contact me directly at sbrown1@sonesta.com. If the opportunity should arise, we hope you will give us another chance on a future stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Clean rooms, big rooms, friendly staff. I was very impressed and plan on staying here again in the near future. Great location as well. You truly can’t beat this hotel. You would be surprised by the size of the king suite and the full size fridge and even a dishwasher

Room Tip: I stayed in the king suite and it was huge
Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay at Sonesta ES Suites-Columbia, MD. We are pleased to hear you were impressed with our hotel and that the entire stay exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for posting your review. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.