Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 16/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Trip.comUS$98
ExpediaUS$98
Agoda.comUS$98
1,262 results
All reviews double tree cookies cracker barrel parking lot front desk staff upon check staff was friendly nice stay indoor pool complimentary breakfast mall portland chipotle airport conference starbucks shopping
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

In our first room the heat didn’t work. Before we could ask for a repair, the noise started in the room next door. Rather than ask them to quiet down, the front desk said that it was a work crew and that we must move. Outside our second floor room there was a constant loud hum which was annoying. The COVID style breakfast was just ok. The bedding was nice

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank fehlow
Brad Bosse, Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2021

Hi fehlow, thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. We are sorry for any inconveniences you may have experienced with the heating unit and nearby noises. The work crew referenced by the front desk was in fact an outside company hired to professionally wash all of our rooms' carpeting. This was a very short term assignment and we are sorry for the noise you may have heard as a result.
We are anticipating our standard breakfast operations return to "normal" in the coming weeks as the state of Maine just recently announced that buffets are once again deemed allowed. We are excited for our guests to have this wonderful option in our restaurant.
We are pleased to read you found the bedding to be nice; we think so too! We do hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Portland as we look forward to welcoming you back.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2020

Special rates due to COVID. Location is good with on and off the highway and plenty of restaurants near by that we used for takeout. If I had paid full price I would not have been happy. The breakfast had individually wrapped muffins, and apples. Yogurt was also available. There was regular coffee , but no decaf. They even ran out of napkins. When we asked for some the person brought out a box of tissues. They should have been better prepared as they were hosting an event. That event seem to be well regulated. They had fewer than the limit of 50 people and the people were spaced out. The biggest problem for me was the bed. My back ached the next day so I tried sleeping on the edge of the bed and that helped. Time to replace beds.
Employees seemed to be wearing masks.

1  Thank LV2travelmore
Stewart Bramble, Guest Services / Front Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2020

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review of your stay with us. We take pride in the compliments we normally receive about our beds, so this information will be shared with our Executive Housekeeper. We appreciate you staying with us and making sure we are aware of the situation.

Reviewed 18 October 2020

I have a home in OOB ME and two in NH. Doubletree has always been a go-to place for out of town guests and for a vacation at home getaway so we could use the indoor pool in the winter. Well, we just sold our two NH houses and my mom's condo at Newfound lake in NH and bought a home in Hollis ME so my widowed mom could live with us. We were all exhausted from moving so many houses and a bit bedraggled to say the least so I decided to book a "fun" overnight "getaway" to welcome her to her new neighborhood. Boy did that blow up in my face!! Got there Friday night and found out my booking was changed from Friday night to Thursday night without my knowledge so I lost my room! No manager was on duty so they said all they could do was book me a new room at $20 more than the room I booked!! On top of that, I had already paid for the room I had booked!! So I paid $280 for the room total and my original price was $129!! Worse than all this is that the front desk staff kept whispering and rolling their eyes at each other as I tried to find a solution to the mess!! One guy even went so far as to try and convince us to go to a cheap motel down the street as if we were some low-class bums!! I was very very offended by this, to say the least, and very humiliated!! By the time they messed around with my reservation the undercooked cookies they gave us were ice cold! No cold water was offered like they normally do either! Get to the room and the chair has a stain on the seat, flip the cushion to get a clean side and the stain is there too!! Looks like someone peed in the chair and it soaked through!! Yuck!! Behind the nightstand, clearly visible as you stood over it, was tons of dirt, dust, and debris! Yuck again!! Sticking out from under the bed were balls and baby bottle caps! At this point I was just too tired to care so I fell asleep, feeling like I was sleeping in the slums of NY!! However, we were soon woke up by the neighboring room's constant screaming and partying! we asked them to stop and they merely took the party from the hallway and into their room!!
As if that helped!! In the morning I headed for the shower only to find a long streak of a booger type thing in the unused tub and a used bar of soap and completely empty shampoo and body wash!! I called housekeeping and she apologized and came right up with a fricken Magic Eraser!! With COVID you would think they would want to disinfect and clean the room and not simply change the bedding and hand the keys off to the next guest!! I was thoroughly disgusted at this point! Went downstairs for breakfast which used to be amazing with fresh eggs, toast, bacon, coffee, sausage, etc. Not this time!! The restaurant was dark and closed at 8 am! Asked the front desk and the guy acts offended I asked and points at the business function room and says, "In there!" I go, "In There" only to find some dry cereal and nothing else!! I go back to the desk and ask where the breakfast is. His response? "Yeah, someone is getting it. Hold on!" A lady with a very dry bowl of oatmeal, because there was no hot water, said, "This is my first time in Maine." You could tell she was unimpressed, to say the least!! I explained that I live in Maine and used to come here as a nice little getaway but it had gone far downhill. I told her that I was so very very sorry for her horrible first impression of our great state! Everyone else milling about the room, including her, had similar stories to ours. Dirty rooms, dirty bathrooms, etc. It was like a giant train wreck!! It was such a nightmare it was like being in a Stephen King movie!! And the icing on the cake? The police showed up as we were leaving!! I went to my friend's place, Elevate Cafe, on Saco Ave in OOB and he gave me a real breakfast and then I came home to get some real sleep!! I apologized the whole way home to my poor mom! I honestly don't know how long this place is going to stay in business without following COVID cleanliness standards and without treating their guests with respect. What a shame this place took such a dive!

Date of stay: October 2020
Brad Bosse, Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2020

Dear MelodyN125,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We take all of the feedback we receive very seriously.

We investigated your reservation further to find that there was in fact a reservation made for Thursday night in one of your names through a third party site. Please know that our team members will not change the date of our guests' arrival, nor do we have the ability to when a reservation is made through a third party site. We are sorry to hear this is how your trip started off.

It is unacceptable regarding the concerns you found with the cleanliness of your room and these concerns mentioned have been addressed with our housekeeping team. Please know that the cleanliness, health and safety our guests is our number one priority and so we are gutted when we miss the mark. Overall, the reviews we receive are positive when it comes to cleanliness, specifically related to Hilton's Cleanstay with Lysol Protection initiative.

You are correct in pointing out that there have been some temporary operational changes, in part, due to COVID. As marked in several areas of the hotel, our restaurant, which offered a buffet as well as made to order, is temporarily closed for breakfast and lunch. It is still open in the evening for dinner and in fact, we have a very talented new Chef! In the interim, we are offering all of our guests a complimentary continental breakfast. Again, after looking into the particular morning you referenced, the unusual wait time for the breakfast items to be replenished was in fact due in part to a few guests just before you, who unfortunate to all of our other guests, loaded their backpacks with the food. Upon the quick depletion, one of our team members promptly replenished the temporary breakfast area. While this is not what you have come to love about our property, rest assured, our hot breakfast will return and we look forward to welcoming you and your mother back for another chance.

Again, we appreciate your review and feedback and we hope you will consider booking with us again the next time you are looking for that "at home getaway." Please do not hesitate to reach out to our General Manager, Michael Towle, should you wish to discuss this further at 207-775-6161, option zero.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2020 via mobile

We book last minute ! Very friendly front desk personnel ! Easy and fast check in !! Room was amazingly clean and smell really nice ! Beds clean, bathroom is clean! Pool was open , my friend use it and she was super happy !! Close to lot of stores, Starbucks next door and good breakfast!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank fefa1986
Brad Bosse, Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Dear fefa1986,

Thank you for the five-star review and for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found everything to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future!

Respectfully,

Reviewed 1 October 2020

My family and I booked The DoubleTree hotel for our Maine trip. I read all the reviews before choosing this hotel. Well let’s just say this hotel is so disgusting and unhygienic. We check in and they are very welcoming at the front desk. We stayed in the second tower of the building. Once we got into our room the room smelled like cigarettes as if you were in a motel. But the most insane part is that each door has a sticker saying it was cleaned and sprayed with Lysol which isn’t true. You would think due to COVID they would be more much cleaner. The rooms are not made everyday unless u call the front desk and ask for it. There was sewer smell coming out of the bathroom. My cousin found human FECES in the back of his bed in his room and they had little kids with them. My sister found bugs, my other sister’s room smelled like pure crap. It was so bad that we had to check out two days earlier due to the room situation. In this time of COVID and us trying to get back to normalcy this hotel here reminds me that I should just stay home and wait until things get better in the world. I say DON’T STAY HERE! Housekeeping doesn’t care enough to clean the rooms the proper way. They are only making the bed and wiping the bathroom. They don’t vacuum or dust anything. BEWARE!!!!!

Room tip: There isn’t any good rooms. Don’t Stay Here
Date of stay: August 2020
Brad Bosse, Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2020

Dear Caribbeanbabe15,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. It is my understanding your concerns were addressed while you were still in house with us. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. At DoubleTree by Hilton, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

We were extremely alarmed when you first reported the alleged presence of bugs during your stay with us; we take these situations very seriously. Upon investigation, however, there was no evidence found of pests to be in the room.

Please do not hesitate to contact our General Manager, Michael Towle, should you wish to discuss this further. He may be reached at 207-775-6161, option zero.

Respectfully,