“down home mom and pop restaurant”

The White House Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Jonesboro
Reviewed 31 May 2018

My boyfriend and I ate the salad bar it was very nice and plenty to chose from.They had a delish fish chower and shrimp creole for the hot dishes.Nice homemade yeast rolls and cornbread.very nice atmosphere and very friendly owners.we left with full stomachs.The food is made from scratch and no sodium which is great for us that cannot have sodium.Great food prices I suggest if in the area stop by and have a great meal.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Linda B

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Stopped for dinner and had the Chop Steak. My wife had the steak bomb. Both very good and the owner was very pleasant and we chatted about southern restaurants. Sadly he is seasonal but will be back in the late spring.

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank _jayg48anglia
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We had lunch here one day and it was rather poor. I got a BLT which I don't think many can mess up and my partner got a
sandwich which he wrapped up to go and then proceeded to throw it out- very sad. We really want to see them succeed. More cars are being seen in the parking lot so maybe they have stepped up their game.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I've been going to Machias, Maine since the late 70's to visit family and friends there. All are gone but I still make atleast one trip every year. Why I haven't stopped in to have a meal at the White House years ago I regret. It will be my regular stop from now on. The food hit the spot, the staff was friendly, quick and of very good character-no customer service cardboard front - personal service. That is nice to find, especially when we arrived close to close. Cheers

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017

This place is seasonal. They often have their For Sale sign out, which to me, reeks of "We are not serious about being in the restaurant business."

Date of visit: March 2017