“Rock solid inexpensive cajun food”

Port Side Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Saint Rose
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Great service, good food, great prices, right on the Mississippi levee. Close to airport if you want last shot of local food before flying out of NOLA.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We eat here frequently for lunch. The portions are very large and the service is excellent.
The lunch specials are hard to beat, especially Fridays catfish with crawfish sauce or shrimp creole.
When fresh seafood is in season, you can smell the crawfish and shrimp boiling as you approach the location.
It's one of the few locations you will see on the river side of river road.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Great service. Great food. Great people. Little hole in the wall joint. Definitely worth the stop if you're just passing through or live nearby.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We arrived in Kenner, LA the evening of 5/15/17 after driving down from the Atlanta area.
I had found this restaurant on Trip Advisor when planning the trip and put it on my to do list.
We asked for a recommendation at the hotel and this was one of their suggestions so we headed to Port Side.
We had a wonderful dinner, I had the Shrimp PoBoy for $ 11.95 - the best value I had in a week in NOLA - see picture of 1/2 of the sandwich. My wife had the Grilled Shrimp Salad which was delicious.
The next afternoon our friends from Tallahassee arrived late and hungry - we told them about Port Side and off we went. We all had great meals.
The next day at lunch the wives had gone off leaving the men on their own - at lunch time the reunion group wanted to know about lunch - about 10 of us packed up and went to Port Side for lunch. Three of us had the lunch special - Meat Loaf, mashed potatoes in lots of brown gravy and small salads. The rest of the group had various sea food or crawfish dishes. All were pleased with the quality, service and price.

Do not let the looks put you off - the parking lot is full at lunch.

In 3 days I ate three meals at Port Side - I felt welcome and was pleased with everything I ordered.

1  Thank Bulldawg
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Fun, laid back, down home atmosphere. Super friendly waitress. Large portions. Get the huge home made onion rings. Large, delicious bowl of chicken and sausage gumbo with lots of meat and flavor. The side salad is humungous but is mostly lettuce and tomatoes. The cheese fries are tasty and seem fresh cut. The fried fish and shrimp combo with fries is excellent. The bread pudding is so so and could be missed.