“Expectations were high going in....”

St. Rose Tavern in New Sarpy
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in New Sarpy
Reviewed 12 September 2017

First off, I think we all came in with high expectations of the food here. Don't get me wrong, nothing we ate was bad. We just didn't eat anything that we have to come back to get more of. The restaurant was well decorated and cute on the inside. It seemed like a touristy place to me. There were jars of salsa for sale for $10 along with various other pickled veggies and jellies. I think if they played some music in the dining room it would have been more enjoyable than hearing staff talk. The service wasn't bad, it was just very slow. We tried the roast beef, we also had poboys. I thought the roast beef was a little bland- maybe we just got it on an off day, because I heard this was their signature dish. I didn't feel that any of the fried seafood was anything special. However, the food was all very fresh. When you order be prepared to wait, cause they will go cook what you order. I don't mind waiting at all for freshly cooked food, but sometimes time is limited and I just wanted to give the heads up.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Fun little restaurant--quite small and usually very busy so you have to expect to wait some.

Wonderfully nice staff! We had smothered fries, plus a poboy each (one fried shrimp and one roast beef). Wonderful bread, and good food! Worth trying!

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Top notch roast beef poor boy sandwich. These people are really cooking back there and not just reheating.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

I went there for lunch.. ordered the seafood platter.Everything was freshly cooked to perfection..Waitress was friendly and knowledgeable of the whole menue.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I've given this place two chances based on personal recommendations. Both times I found the experience quite alright ... the food wasn't bad, the service was decent and the prices were good.

I think most people will find this place quite good and they'll probably be right. Like I said, I don't think it's a bad place for lunch but it didn't meet the expectations others have put forth to me.

Give it a shot. I don't think you'll be disappointed.