All reviews front desk new orleans an older hotel french quarter lobby area pre cruise stay minute drive one night stay free breakfast shuttle service booked this hotel beds were comfortable mardi gras downtown nola mall diner
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Booked room in March 2018, only to arrive for Essence Festival and hotel is understaffed.. How do you let guests pay for cook to order breakfast and then decide volume is too high, so you offer buffet for guests? You knew that the festival was coming, yet didn't have adequate staff. Restaurant and bar kind of nasty... Customer service was poor and somewhat rude, as if you shouldn't thank guests for staying in your crummy hotel. Ice machines didn't work on my floor, pool signs and along the pool probably hadn't been scrubbed since Katrina. Night/security latch was broken my entire stay and no one bothered to fix it or move me. I didn't feel secure at this hotel. I wouldn't suggest this place to my own worst enemy. Mind you, I was what they called a luxury suite. Ha!

Room Tip: No good rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Tahane K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

I truly apologize for the experience you have encountered. This is not the type of service the we represent nor should provide. We understand you have options when traveling and our goal to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We will continue to work diligently on keeping our property updated and clean. I will share this with the entire management team and staff and use this as a training opportunity to address all concerns provided. We appreciate the honest feedback and will use it for growth amongst our departments.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Simply stated, it’s barely passable and while the location is good, the building outside of the lobby and conference rooms is a dumpster fire of mildew and dysfunctional amenities.

The rooms we had were musty, minimally air conditioned, and looked as though ten layers of cheap paint were holding them together. Most showers didn’t drain well, the carpets, sheets and towels were constantly wet.

Staff was reluctantly willing to give extra soap but the need for more towels was ignored on repeated requests.

To add salt to the wound, the hotel hosted a boys travel basketball team or two and, from the moment of arrival and for the next two days at least, no common area was clean ever.

Crumbs, grease, undetermined puddles, and disarray were such that we could not use those areas at all minus some small areas we carefully sat on after assessing the presence of filth everywhere else.

I wouldn’t stay here ever again and had I not had 50 students w me I would have left right away.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Tahane K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank You for your feedback. I can not apologize enough for the issues mentioned above. I will pass this along to my upper management as well.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

The location was was right in between Dillard University and the Airport. Very conveniently located right off the freeway, lots of parking space.
I booked two rooms through booking.com and only one showed up on the Hotel reservation. Excellent customer service. The Manager there was very helpful and made sure I was accommodated. Her name was Hadeel Gaber. Very nice lady! We had a small issue with one of the rooms and she quickly got us another one.
Bar and restaurant in the hotel made it very convenient and it was inexpensive.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Tahane K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

We genuinely appreciate your feedback! We look forward to having you stay with us again! :)

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Booked the room using the telephone at the airport. Shuttle arrived fairly promptly, and we were checked in quickly and efficiently. The room was clean and reasonably well appointed. Breakfast was standard US generic hotel fare, with buffet style choices of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, cereals, donuts, fruits etc. Coffee was reasonable too. So well done Holiday Inn.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paleflier
Tahane K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Had to wait a very long time to check in. Elevators are really dirty, and the hallways on each floor look like someone tried to remodel, and did not do a very good job. The hallways would look much more inviting if someone would just vacuum them once in a while...this is an old Holiday Inn. Not a new H.I. Express. Step into the shower, and you'll turn the floor black from walking on dirty carpeting and bathroom floor...the food in the restaurant is pretty good, but things are not overly clean there either...for this price, one would expect a bit more attention to details.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before accepting. We moved once. The rooms adjacent to the street are not really quiet, traffic roars by most of the night.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Tahane K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

I sincerely apologize for the experience you’ve encountered during your stay. I assure you we followed the proper steps to address all of your concerns and we have shared them with management. Our goal is to keep our facility clean and up to date while we continue to renovate our rooms and public areas. stays and we are working diligently to make sure that we deliver an overall satisfaying experience . We appreciate your stay with us and thank you again for your feedback.