All reviews new orleans one bedroom suite front desk food truck full kitchen social hour hotel serves french quarter basketball court living area waffles minute drive nice hotel great place to stay every morning hotel of choice quiet location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The rooms have been refurbished and were OK however the common areas, hallways looked like they were a carryover from the 80s. Customer service was hot and cold, some people were very accommodating and others acted as if your presence was an inconvenience. I am Platinum Elite and never once was I acknowledged as such.
Anyone who rated this property high must be used to Motel 6s.
I know it is their policy to accommodate animals however I did not expect to be bothered by habitual loud barking and the the presence of cats, absolutely awful!
Yeah, you don’t have to worry about a repeat visit from me.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We were visiting some friends in the area while passing through and this hotel was excellent. Residence Inn is my preferred brand, mainly because you get a large room/suite for the price of an average hotel room. While the hotel is close to I-10, it is located in a quiet neighborhood so we never heard any traffic noise. However, we were located on the side of the hotel located away from the interstate so this might be a factor. Check in was fast, efficient and friendly. There was one minor problem with the room but Housekeeping solved it within minutes - the sign of an excellent hotel is how quickly they respond to a situation. Breakfast was the standard fare but since this is a popular hotel, the seating was crowded. The laundry facilities were better than most hotels - front loading washers at only $1.50 per load (one hotel I stayed at recently charged $5.00 per load). The fitness room was decent for this level of hotel, mostly cardio machines and hand weights but the facility was larger and cleaner than average. I will definitely stay here again when in the area. Plenty of restaurants close by but I recommend Andrea's Northern Italian Restaurant about 1 mile north if you want a nice, reasonable priced meal. I wish they provided an airport shuttle and this would be an excellent park and fly package.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Martha B, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and comments with the TripAdvior world. We are happy that our hotel met your needs and that you used the great amenties we have to offer our guest. We ar happy to be your home away from home. Hope to see you when traveling in the Metro New Orleans again.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Stayed here one night while I was passing through. The main reason I picked this hotel and the location, is because when I was here 18 months ago, I ate at Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop very close by. Me and my colleague ate there 5 times in 6 days. My room here was very large, and very clean. Very well appointed as well. Free breakfast was decent, but nothing out of the ordinary. Just your typical free hotel breakfast. Gas station close by, and hotel is very close to I-10, but still several blocks away in a nice quiet area.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
BrianS7151, Operations Supervisor at Residence Inn New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Skpr77,

Thank you for staying with us at the Metairie Residence Inn. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. When your travels bring you back to the Metairie area please choose the Metairie Residence Inn as your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Stayed here the night before our cruise out of New Orleans. Nice property that has been kept up well. Lots of doors for easy access to rooms no matter where they are. Friendly staff. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
BrianS7151, Operations Supervisor at Residence Inn New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for staying with us at the Metairie Residence Inn. I am glad to heat that you enjoyed your stay with us. When your travels bring you back to the Metairie area please stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I stayed here a week ago when in town for a Saturday night. Although I have stayed at other Residence Inns over the years, I was very impressed. The pool and patio area is spacious and has a basketball court. The suite was spacious with a large flat screen TV. The full kitchen was adequately equipped. Pots, pans, dishes, utensils were there for use. The staff was friendly and very engaging. The location is just off of the interstate and access is easy. Just a short distance to downtown New Orleans. This is a great choice when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at the Metairie Residence Inn. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. When your travels bring you back to the Metairie area please come and visit us.