All reviews cancelled flight new orleans close to the airport one night stay great room booked this hotel front desk staff nice stay staff was friendly french quarter ambrose della megan tiffany nola properties downtown
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Booked a room here so I wouldn’t have to drive all the way home late at night since I needed to be back in the city early in the morning the following day, upon arrival I felt slightly ignored as the front desk staff kept allowing people to just walk up to deal with their issues even though I had been standing there. Got checked into my room on the 6th floor, no major problems or complaints while housekeeping was still working however when I returned that night there was a strange smell in the hallways.

Bed was comfortable and slept well, only issue I had within the room was the hairdryer didn’t work, would have been nice to have the ability to dry my hair after washing it....

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Chris B, General Manager at Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear lildramamama,

We are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the hairdryer and check in process. Thank you for your feedback though and we will address these concerns accordingly.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Rarely have I wanted to check out as I checked in and had the weather not been so bad and I was too stressed from driving so far I could have . We had booked to stay at this Wyndham because my husband was having a heart procedure in Metairie. The hospital gave us their info because we live quite a distance away & they offered a medical rate . Found out as we arrived the medical rate doesn’t apply to handicap rooms but they didn’t mention that when I booked over the phone. Had booked the room several weeks in advance & they kept telling me they were sending confirmation info to my email on file - 4 times & it never arrived . That made me nervous but decided to take their word for it . Called enroute that day and they said we were confirmed . We ran into severe weather and were late but called and they said okay .

After we missed to hotel driveway three times due to construction we made it in a monsoon rain . We got to desk to check in & found out the Room wasn’t on first floor as we were promised . Moments later after all checked in I noticed a sign near the from that says the hotel would be without water for most of the next day ! Really ? You couldn’t mention this as i was checking in ? You know we are here from out of town for tests and a heart procideure and you couldn’t mention this ? It was by then 10 pm and storming so we had no choice but to stay .

The room was clean . Bathroom lighting was too low for older eyes . The Hall was extremely noisy and smelly as someone was cooking in their room for the two days we were there . Sounded like an extended family was staying there but they were noisy . Our room was musty smelly but seemed clean . Burn it would have been much easier for An older couple with health issues to have been on the first floor . Some staff seemed very nice but most seemed more interested in their cell phones than guest relations .

I’ve stayed at Wyndham properties elsewhere and this didn’t match their level of guest /customer service . I never did get their confirmation emails they said they were sending to my email on file ( numerous times - different clerks ) but I did get my receipt on checkout from the desk clerk to the same email the others should have come- so I’m assuming he did his job when the others didn’t .

I won’t stay at this hotel again - ever

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wrenpa
Chris B, General Manager at Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Wrenpa,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your recent stay. I did want to double check with you though that you stayed at the Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport, as we have not had construction near our property for some time and we have not had any water issues recently. If you did stay at our property though we are very sorry about your experience and will look into the issues you have reported.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

The beds are comfortable, room was clean, some spotting on carpet. The pool was dirty, couldn't go swimming and would have liked to have use it. It is convenient to the highway and other little shops and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chris B, General Manager at Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Pamela O,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our pool during your recent stay. We are working hard to correct the issue and should have our pool up and running shortly. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you visit us again next time you are in the New Orleans area.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Checked into the hotel early around 11 a.m. The front desk lady, Tyneisha, was a little busy with phone calls and others checking in/out but never missed a beat .. I thought she was the only one working the front desk (thats how good she is)
I have stayed at a few hotels in the area and this one, by far,is the most curtious ..
I have read others reviews and had to double check if i was on the right hotel site. i have not seen any of what these reviews state. My room was great and includes a balcony if you are a smoker.. Super clean and housekeeping staff was just as curtious as the other staff! I hope you guys give Tyneisha a raise, because she is the reason i will be returning to this location! There is also a bar/restruant located in the hotel but closes at 10! Very satisfied

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Chris B, General Manager at Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear lucylu8507,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We truly appreciate your positive comments, especially about Taneisha. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff and I'm certain they will appreciate it as much as I have. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the New Orleans area soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Was booked into this from 09.00am on the 9/09:18 until our flight at 21.30 the nxt day.saw the state of what we were expected to stay in as a nice quality 4 star and rats around the pool and general areas.
We had to pay to stay at the Sheraton so that we could salvage a good end to our 40th anniversary holiday. Poor or jetline cruise holidays to book us in this hell hole.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Chris B, General Manager at Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Diana d,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback though and will address these concerns accordingly. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any further questions or concerns.