All reviews club level free parking french quarter new orleans city park nice room easy access staff was friendly beds were comfortable short drive downtown garage lounge uber pets freeway cruise
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Hotel is dated, needs new fixtures, carpet, wallpaper. Our room was decent, furniture was good bed and linens were great. Room had been painted but no care was given to protect the carpet, a ring of paint all the way around the room. Huge stains on the carpet.
Price was indicative of condition.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
CourtnayB7, HR at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Metairie - New Orleans Hotel and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent guest issue from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Metairie.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I am a Marriott guy and a loyal one. I heard that in August, they merged like Ritz Carlton which is surely a luxury brand and Sheraton as a other. So I merged my accounts. I am Platinum Elite Executive member so I always get one upgrade if available whatever hotel I stay.

I wanted to try them and was very impressed. Nice location, free parking. The hotel has a nice bar, breakfast package on the offer. Nice lobby and all other facilities. I always have the access to the Club Level in every hotel. They have a nice one too.

Only critic I have is that there were no plugs to charge my electronics except to plug them on the wall or in the bathroom. I am a business traveler and I need plug ins. I hope they think of that. But I was impressed with everything else.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I stayed at this hotel during my first visit to the New Orleans area, while I was taking a three-day class in Metairie. The hotel experience was frankly the low point of the trip, which otherwise I really enjoyed.

First off, I usually like to stay in hotels where I can walk to restaurants and other amenities, and I foolishly thought the Galleria across the street was a mall. It is in fact an office building, and the Sheraton is convenient to nowhere, at least not by foot. There is a restaurant in the hotel but if you should choose to eat somewhere else, you'll have to drive to it. No views to speak of, if you're into hotels with a view.

Although they advertise a daily breakfast buffet, even on the sandwich board outside the restaurant, they don't offer it on the weekdays because it's too slow. The entire hotel was actually pretty deserted during my stay. I did end up eating at the restaurant a couple of times, and it was ok.

When I left on Monday, I zipped my suitcase closed and took a picture of it, showing the positions of all the zippers. They were in different places when I came back Monday afternoon, meaning someone had opened my suitcase and rummaged through it (I also documented that). I realized that some pills were missing; I had a course of 7 days of antibiotics in my suitcase which I had not started, and someone took 4 of the pills (2 days worth). It's possible that they also took some diabetes pills but I don't know how many were there to start with, so who knows. Let me recap. They took 2 days of my Bactrim, which is not only not enough to knock down any type of infection, they didn't leave me with enough to do so either. I have to assume they didn't know what they were taking. Still doesn't change the main point - that someone accessed my room during the work day, went through my luggage and stole pills.

I brought these issues up with the front desk, who told me that they'd have to talk to the housekeeping manager. That person wasn't in on Tuesday, Wednesday, and now they're still not in on Thursday. Each day they've promised I'd be contacted the next. I'm currently expecting (?) a call tomorrow. Interestingly, the hotel manager didn't seem interested or as if she could do anything about it. She indicated that they'd have to check who had been in and out of the room, and that the housekeeping manager had the ability to do that. It didn't seem as if the manager I spoke to really had the ability to even apologize for this. I hope it's not so common that they've come to view it as an expected part of the trip. What I really wanted is an acknowledgment of the fact that my privacy and safety had been violated in a way that was entirely inappropriate. I couldn't even get that.

The manager did mention that they use a lot of non-employee temp labor for cleaning, so it "really could have been anyone". I'd love to know how many people were apparently free to tromp in and out of my room while I wasn't there. Privacy and security? Not so much, apparently.

Because of these issues, I packed all my belongings on Tuesday and locked my suitcase up tight while I went to my day's classes, declining housekeeping that day, and I STILL wondered about it all day long. I had this mental image of the housekeeping department hearing about my complaint and brushing their butt cracks with my toothbrush.

Since they couldn't/ wouldn't do anything to address this while I was there, I doubt they can really make this up to me. I wouldn't stay there again, to be sure, and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone else either.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
CourtnayB7, HR MANAGER at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Ms. Kimberly,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these guest issues from occurring in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

The front desk attendant Jameka was extraordinary in her professionalism. She handled mistake in my booking and was extremely patient with Priceline. Thank you for taking care of us. I will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Wish I didn’t have to give any stars! Worst service ever. Booked 2 rooms and had myself and a few friends over to swim( in which we confirmed that it was okay before booking the rooms with the front desk lady that was actually working 2nd shift)Mind you we weren’t noisy nor bothering anyone, there were other guests there as well that joined in on the small fun as we celebrated my sister going away to college weekend. So we get Josh(maintenance) to come in literally yelling “IF YOU DONT HAVE ROOM KEYS YALL GOT TO GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE OR IM CALLING THE COPS” *blank stare* really sir you had to approach your guests like that?? So we all get out to see what’s the deal and my sister proceed to make him aware that it’s not a party and that we have 2 rooms, we are paying customers and you’re going to come at us like that. Instantly he starts screaming and bracing up to her as if he wanted to fight, to where the front desk girl had to jump in the middle to hold him back(at this point we are inside by the fitness center so do go and review footage from Sunday 7/29). And myself as an Operations Manager at a Hotel never seen anything like that in my entire 9 years working in this industry. However, I would say the front desk Trainee was apologetic and did an awesome job. But as far as the other lady at the desk that was training her I’m assuming, when we asked for her GM info she felt the need to say we’re Franchise so it don’t matter. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to a homeless person

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Courtnay B, HR at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018