“A FLY IN THE RAMEN”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Beware! My family had dinner at Little Tokyo Saturday 10/13/18. My daughter had a large fly in the broth of her Ramen as she was completing her meal. We were all digusted! The manager only offered to provided another Ramen soup or just remove her meal off the bill. My son used their bathroom and discovered flies in the bathroom as well. Once a favorite eatery, now a health hazard!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This had to have been the worst sushi I’ve ever had in my life. I ordered the Funky Margarita Roll. It was huge but lacking quality. Personally, I like to put the entire slice in my mouth to experience all the flavors at once. Nope, I couldn’t do that because the roll was gigantic. Each slice took 2-3 bites. I couldn’t even pick it up with my chopsticks without it falling apart. The crawfish was gross and had a weird texture. The tuna on top was warm and tasteless, and I wondered if it would make me sick. Thankfully it didn’t. I settled on this particular roll because the menu wasn’t appealing at all. Besides looking dirty, there was no organization. Pictures were all over the place and I had to search for which pictures matched which menu item. On top of that, the service was really slow. I will not be returning.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Service was terrible. Our server refused to take our order and would disappear for long periods of time. When the server brought drinks, I tried to order food. I said, "Can I order the...", but our server had turned around and walked off, completely ignoring me (and everyone else at our table trying to order). She was probably trying to do us a favor. The food was horrible. The tempura sauce tasted like water with food coloring. Everyone at the table said the same thing... water. Our server said it was "special sauce". It actually made me sick enough to go see a doctor.
Oh, and they do not have music in the dining room. We asked. The response? "No, no music"

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 12 May 2018

I got what I thought was a poke bowl. There are no descriptions on the menu, only pictures. I selected based on the waitress' description. I got seared slices of tuna on top of lettuce and seaweed. The tuna was warm and gave me the hibby gibbies. Plus, the prices are too high.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Very casual. Looked like a favorite to the locals. (I was just passing through for the night.)
Surprised by the size of the rolls!

Date of visit: April 2018

Been to Little Tokyo Restaurant? Share your experiences!