“15 months since my last review and it is still the best”

Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop
Ranked #1 of 554 Restaurants in Metairie
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2018

This restaurant has been awesome for a long time and it still is. Very casual dining...looks like a "hole in the wall" from the outside.

I get to dine here a couple times per year and one of my dilemmas is that I feel like I need to order my favorite dish, Chicken Jefferson, so I rarely get to try anything else. I did manage to have Mumbo Gumbo for my first time on this visit and it was also excellent - I have no doubt that everything on the menu is.

This restaurant does not accept reservations - we were lucky that we just barely beat the rush.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Dropped by with my cousin for lunch. It was very busy at lunch. We got the last table and after that there was a line. They have several types of gumbo. I had the mumbo gumbo and my cousin had the seafood gumbo. Both were delicious. Well seasoned and full of delicious ingredients. I would easily stop again

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 31 October 2018

We arrived at hotel and looked up a spot near by eat, and were pleased to find this little eatery. We ate there two nights because it was so good. I shared my food with my friend to try more, and it was all delicious!! The Gumbo was my favorite!! The fried chicken has a really great flavor. The only disappointing thing was we did not corn bread with our red beans and rice. That was not even an option as a side dish.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 30 October 2018

I just don't get the attraction to this place. The space is tiny and the gumbo is just average. There are many other places in the city where you can get a better bowl of gumbo. Chef Ron's is bland and pretty boring.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 21 October 2018

We went for dinner on a Friday night and the place was hopping. My husband had the seafood gumbo, which was a generous portion (16 ounces for $7.99) and the crab cakes. Both were very good. I had the fried chicken with red rice and beans as my side. For $10 I got three pieces of chicken and it was really good, as was the red beans and rice. Great stop for gumbo if that's what you're craving.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop? Share your experiences!