“Business Dinner”
Review of Rye Canteen

Rye Canteen
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Luling
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Coworker and I stopped in for dinner. I’d eaten here a few times before and didn’t hesitate to recommend for our meal. We both started with chicken and sausage gumbo. Gumbo taste was good but had very little sausage and even less chicken. Basically it was a bowl of juice. Then for dinner we had a salad with chicken and the hot sausage on French bread. Entres were tasty and there was plenty of food provided. Service was good with timely and frequent check-ins. Finished the meal with the brownie desert. Although quite disappointed by the gumbo lacking the protein, I will continue to recommend the Rye Canteen. I know the quality of the food here from other visits. Give this place a chance and I’m sure you’ll be happy you did.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

For this town the Blacken Tuna is a pretty good dish
The seafood pasta was okay
This is a very small town and we are limited to our choices. This is a pretty good place to eat the Shrimp pony is a great choice as well

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Food is good but pricey .
We each had a lunch special -

Plate of spaghetti , 2 small pieces of plain bread and a tea.

$26.00 for 2.

No vegetable , no salad, no dessert. Just 2 plates of spaghetti with a meat sauce , 4 small pieces of bread and 2 teas --

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

A colleague suggested we go here for dinner and t was pretty good. The service was quick and friendly. It was near closing time on a Monday night and was not very busy, which made it nice.

*Note* The restaurant is slightly hidden back from the road (I missed it at first).

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Service was okay. Waitress didn't have many tables to be as flustered as she was. I didn't get what I ordered but the food was very good nonetheless.