“Poor family dinner”

The Windhover Restaurant
Reserve with TopTable
The Windhover Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Windhover in Chapel Brampton is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar. Open in Chapel Brampton, stunning rural location. If you fancy a quick bite to eat whilst on your walk through to Northampton, we serve a great lunch time menu. If you want that special occasion, then book with us and we'll help you do that in style. Open 7 days a week, serving meals until 10pm Monday to Saturday and a home cooked roast every Sunday 12pm until 9:30pm.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Second time we’ve eaten at the windhover, returned as we had a good experience first time. However this time we were extremely disappointed, booked for 7.30 so not late, however they only had one fillet steak, the service was a bit slow although it wasn’t busy, the scallops in the scallops and prawn starter were under cooked, calamari was over cooked, the fish and chips I ordered as an alternative to the fillet was nearly all batter, greasy and over cooked as were the chips, the fillet was over cooked, the pie of the specials board was mainly pastry so all in all a real disappointment, I don’t think we’ll give it a third go.

General Manager A, Manager at The Windhover Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I am disappointed to read your comments Mark, especially as the fish is a very popular dish for us, as is the calamari. I am sorry that you had this experience with us, even more so as you had previously had a good visit which made you want to return. Perhaps if you did want to return we could restore your faith from visit one.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took two friends of ours to lunch here 2 weeks ago and they had eaten here before so they told us what to order!

I ordered 2 starters and the only problem was that they both arrived at the same time which meant that one was cold by the time the other mains course arrived!

Cheerful and helpful service so we will return.

Many thanks

Thanks Kimlet for your kind review

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When I read through the previous posts, I honestly am not sure what people expect from a a family pub. The complaints about the Sunday roast are the ones I get most shocked about as it was way too big for me to even finish!

If you want a top notch Michelin dining experience, then don’t go. But if you want a family lunch or dinner with friendly service then you’ll probably enjoy it as much as I do.

The staff are always welcoming and the food is good. Sometimes the service can be a bit off but I put it down to them being overstretched.

All in all, I like it here and will be back as usual for a roast beef.

Thanks Hannah for your kind words, it’s nice to see someone other than the team here defending our honour! We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have wanted to visit this restaurant for a while and was looking forward to my visit with my Grandmother and daughter.
Great welcoming from front of house, however that is when it started to go downhill.
Food was over cooked or not cooked. My daughter had the children’s fish and chips, although the plate might of just had batter on the plate. 4 mouthfuls of fish and chips dripping in fat.
Will I be rushing back....no.

Kate, we are sorry that you had this experience with us on your visit. We have fallen short of our own expectations. Please allow us to restore your faith, I am confident that we can do so much better

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited the Windhover yesterday with some work friends. I ordered the ham and cheddar cheese toasted sandwich but didn’t really want chips. I asked if I could have crisps instead. The waitress couldn’t seem to cope with this request and first said they didn’t do salt and vinegar crisps and then said the sandwich came with chips! I wasn’t looking for any sort of discount, only crisps instead of chips! I decided it was easier to opt for skinny fries. My meal turned up with fat chips! My sandwich wasn’t really melted. My friend ordered a burger which was tasteless and he couldn’t finish it. Then my other friends daughter (aged 3) was served her children’s meal on a scalding hot plate and we had to ask for a cold one to prevent her burning herself. There was no customer service whilst we were eating and we had into go to the bar for further drinks. All in all I was less than impressed.

1  Thank Hellie1969uk
General Manager A, Manager at The Windhover Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Sorry that you had this experience with us, it saddens me to read such reviews. Would you be able to provide any further detail on your server as we would like to take this opportunity to improve our guest service training. May I also ask, were you sat in the dining area or the bar?