“Good Mexican food ”

Don Jose's Grill
Ranked #5 of 244 Restaurants in Kenner
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I tried this restaurant for dinner as it was within walking distance of my hotel. I was surprised by how good the food was. I was delighted when I had a choice of either traditional tortilla chips or wheat chips to eat with the salsa. I had the chicken fajitas and they were really good. Had the flour tortillas been freshly made, I would have scored this restaurant a “five”. Service was superb.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Nice hostess seated us immediately, and waiter quickly started us with warm fresh chips, salsa, water, etc. The food was served quickly and was delicious. When we asked for more salsa and spicy salsa, the waiter was quick and happy to provide it. We had high hopes based on other reviews, and Don Jose's exceeded them. We were so happy with our choice!

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We landed, were tired, and were hungry. Asking the man who was transferring us from the airport to the hotel, we were told that Don Jose had excellent food. We decided to give it a try. Oh, my, we were so glad that we had. We enjoyed the delicious chips and salsa, while we waited for our entrees. Our grandson had a burrito, while our granddaughter chose a pasta with Alfredo sauce and shrimp. My husband and I split a steak fajita meal, and we couldn’t eat it all! Everything was so delicious. We have one big complaint, we live about 12 hours away!

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I've eaten here twice and will be back. It always seems busy so you know it's good. The mixed fajitas for two were more than enough.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The service was really good, I ordered my food to go picked it up from the bar area,,,and the Food was excellent, exactly what I asked for:)

Been to Don Jose's Grill? Share your experiences!