All reviews plumbing issues tv channels stayed here new orleans front desk hotel restaurant bed was very comfortable interstate ihg proximity bugs lobby housekeeping airport shuttle
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff. Good rate. Great bed and quiet even though it’s close to airport. Nice pool as well. Only complaint is that staff was all hanging out at front desk. As a former IHG management employee I saw some room for improvement in cleaning the outside areas. There was a brick about to fall off in pool area that needs attention as well. Overall though it was a great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

While the hotel is new, housekeeping is extremely poor. We walked into our room to find a full set of fingernail (or toenail!) clippings on the desk. When we reported that, we were offered points — how about a vacuum cleaner!!! Paper, plastic and crumbs remained in the hallways for the 2 nights we stayed, never vacuumed. Our room for 3 people only received two sets of towels. Our shuttle driver was just that — a driver, with no offer to assist in loading luggage. But when we unloaded everything at the airport, she was ready immediately for her tip — no way! This is a sure sign of a poorly trained and poorly managed staff and property.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dean L
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is great if you’re leaving from the airport in New Orleans. It’s a new hotel and very clean and accommodating. There is a restaurant in the hotel and a free airport shuttle. If you are in your own car you can leave it parked at the hotel. I’m not sure if there is a charge because we didn’t leave our car.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Cheryl G
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Our flight was cancelled late Saturday night, I immediately called to make a reservation and Dayna answered the phone. She was sweet, professional and really concerned she could meet my needs. I was not only able to reserve a room for myself but she also took a few other people that were stranded with my 1 phone call. She said she would make sure that the shuttle would stay if we needed then to a little longer since we were still waiting to reschedule our flights and get bags. She told me to call her back when we got our bags. When we got to the hotel she was having to handle a large family that had booked online but their reservation got cancelled. They were traveling with a small child and very ready to go rest. The family also was on the cancelled flight. She never hesitated and accomadated them. My check in as well as my new stranger passenger friends was quick and easy. The phones were ringing non stop with stranded passengers. She handled it like a seasoned pro. We found out it was her first solo night. You can't teach that kind of customer care. Corey the shuttle driver was also amazing and concerned with if we needed to eat. He was so sympathetic. So many times customers are greeted by employees that do not care about their job this was not the case with the Staff on Saturday night. I ran to the bar 15 minutes to close hoping to get something to eat, he said no problem and apologized because kitchen was running slow. I was just elated he didn't hesitate considering they closed in less than 15 minutes. I stay in a dozen hotels a year easy and never have felt I needed to applaud the staff for doing their job. Thank you for making a frustrating situation an extra vacation day.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ctlmnts
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I arrived at the hotel as a result of a canceled flight with around 100 high school students. While the front desk staff was perfectly pleasant, friendly and helpful, the rest of the experience was disappointing. First, the walls were extremely thin, meaning that even simple conversation within rooms could be heard in the hallways. As such, we got noise complaints while having conversations at a regular volume. What made the situation worse was the hotel's security guard, who was exceedingly rude to both the students and the chaperones in telling us to quiet down, at one point threatening to call the police on the students. She ended up yelling at the students repeatedly to stop loitering. This was a completely inappropriate response that was not called for.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hello Jason L,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn for your lodging need. I appreciate you for leaving us a review regarding your recent stay. I am happy to read you found our front desk staff friendly and helpful and have rated our room cleanliness to be high. It is always our purpose to provide our guests all the comfort and amenities to achieve guest satisfaction. However, I realize this visit clearly did not go as planned, and the experience you described the level of service received from our security team and the poor noise insulation fell short of your expectations. I have forwarded the items you mentioned to the management team of the hotel who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. Necessary steps will be taken on soundproofing insulation and service training so this doesn’t happen again.

Thanks again for letting us know about your experience. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you the improvements made.

Kind Regards,