All reviews industrial area truck stop convenience store next door front desk new orleans make a u turn rental car return room was clean waffles great hotel to stay toilet paper extra towels free breakfast housekeeping staff an early morning flight fridge and microwave up to date
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Cons:
1. I am NOT exaggerating when I say this ... The guest room literally had a strong MUSTY PUBIC HAIR odor that I swear hit me as soon as I walked into the room. I almost died. Upon further investigation, it appears the odor was caused by the carpet that was apparently recently cleaned and still damp, so the damp carpet created this disgusting odor (meaning the carpets was apparently NOT cleaned well enough). The odor was identical to musty human public hair. I couldn't wait to check out the moment I walked into the room and was HIT with this odor.

2. The room felt very gloomy and dark. It was not well lit during night time and it didn't feel like a happy, comfortable space. Although the pictures show the rooms well lit and happy-looking ... it is NOT that way in person!

3. The hotel receptionist was outside smoking when I came to check in. She was a nice lady, but it threw me off walking into an empty hotel lobby and the clerk rushed from the outside after taking smoke break while ON THE CLOCK.

4. The 2nd and 3rd floors apparently had a broken A/C unit, because the hallways felt like a sauna. The A/C in the rooms worked well, but the hallways felt like a hot bathroom. I don't understand how the poor housekeepers can even work in those conditions. Sad.

5. The photos of the lobby on the photos looked welcoming and bright, but in person, most of the lights were turned off in the lobby/breakfast area, and it made the hotel feel gloomy and creepy. It was weird.

6. Some of the people staying at this hotel looked really shady. One lady walking down the hallway from her room was dressed like a stripper or go-girl. I almost thought I was in some cheap, roadside motel the way the people looked.

7. None of my "hotel reservations requests" were acknowledged or taken into consideration. Absolutely NONE of them.

8. I didn't use the airport shuttle (which is apparently why a lot of people choose this weird hotel, but judging from some of the comments on this section, the shuttle service isn't too much better.

9. The hotel time i was at this hotel, I was wishing I had just booked at the Holiday Inn Express right across the street since the outside of that hotel looked much better.

10. Don't listen to the other positive comments on this website, because this really needs to be a $80 or less hotel. That's the TRUE value of this hotel. Honestly. How dare they charge people over $100 for this motel-quality hotel. Ugh!

Pros:
None really . . . I guess the free hotel breakfast was okay. I liked the breakfast sausages they served. That was probably the best part of staying at this hotel. Lol.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
terri s, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus New Orleans Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mozart1987,
Thank you for choosing us and sharing your experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we sincerely apologize for our lack of communication. We never want a guest to leave with a negative opinion and we are truly sorry you did not have a pleasant experience with us. We hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We were greeted in a friendly manner by the hostess and our clean room was near the pool as we hoped. The pool towels we received were big and soft. The room was quiet, the internet was good, access to the airport and NOLA was easy as we remembered from our first visit. We will return.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Our room was clean, spacious & very comfortable. It has an airport shuttle so it works great for your last night before flying out. Can't comment on their breakfast as we left before it began. My ONLY complaint is that be very careful if you are taking a shower.... the tub was VERY slippery & there was no non skid mat to put in it ~ I felt the need to hold on to the bars. The staff was very friendly & while we were waiting on the morning shuttle she kept us informed on the status as the bus driver had called in sick that day. They had plenty of time to get us another driver & get us to the airport in plenty of time for our flight.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 26 September 2018

We stayed here for one night on a business trip and we were very happy with this hotel! Its newly built and right when you walk in its very nice! The staff was very nice and polite and our room was very clean and upgraded. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was hot and fresh and had a nice variety of things to choose from! Its very convenient to the airport and has a convenience store right next door. If we ever come back through this area we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

This place is very decent for a Best Western , the rooms were clean, beds comfy , location is random but not bad. The staff members were professional , tiny pool , well maintained. The room was very large with a mini fridge , microwave , tiny single cup coffee maker. The ac wasn’t very cold but wasn’t awful. I’d return again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple