All reviews industrial area truck stop convenience store next door front desk new orleans make a u turn rental car return room was clean waffles great hotel to stay toilet paper extra towels free breakfast housekeeping staff an early morning flight fridge and microwave up to date
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Stayed here for two nights while attending a funeral. Front desk staff and housekeeping staff were all very friendly and helpful. Room was clean, internet was fast, and having a refrigerator and microwave in the room was especially handy. The hotel is a bit hard to find in that as you come out of the airport, it is on the other side of a big overpass on the right and once you are across that, you still can't see the hotel. But it is there eventually. The hotel is on the left and you have to make a u-turn just past the entrance to get to it. I rented a car, but the hotel does provide shuttle service to/from the airport and to/from the cruise port. Several guests were there before their cruise and were leaving their cars parked at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I stayed at Best Western Plus New Orleans Airport for 3 days.

ON DAY 1: rude front desk woman acted like I was the last person she wanted to deal with. She acted like she was doing me a favor (I'm the one who paid $300!). No smile, dressed & made-up unattractively. She told me to sign the hotel agreement. I saw a section for Guest Vehicle info.; I asked her if she needed my car info; she got impatient and demanded that I just need to sign the form. What a bad start to my trip!

Right after that bad experience, another one: There was a 2-car lane in front of reception for people to check-in. I was in 1st lane behind your shuttle van. The owners drove-up to 2nd lane, parked, and went inside hotel. So I was blocked from moving forward and had to back-out of 2-lane area and then drive through the "wrong-way" lane to get to the parking area. How rude for the owners to do this to guests! (I know they were the owners because they were chatting with employees on a first name basis.) But how dare they think they can just park and block anyone they want. This isn't India--customers should be #1 priority, and they're not kings!

ON DAY 3: In my 30 years of traveling, I never had the experience of someone having been inside my room. I had my "Do Not Disturb" sign out the whole day. I
immediately checked to see if anything was stolen; nothing was taken. It still freaked me out--I thought maybe an employee went inside my room and just messed around. The reason I knew someone was inside my room was because the bathroom light & fan were on, the curtains were drawn open, and a dirty towel was on the desk (I have OCD so I always know exactly how I left things.) This was on June 3rd, Sunday, I was gone from 5:30am-5:30pm, and I was the only guest staying in this room. Feeling violated, I came to the conclusion that the housekeeper must have ignored the "Do Not Disturb" sign and started to clean my room but somehow she realized she wasn't supposed to go inside my room, so stopped mid-cleaning and left. This never happened to me ever before--It really scared me at first and made me feel very unsafe!

BOTTOM LINE: I should have kept my reservation at Hilton Garden Inn instead!

P.S. What a sloppy job of cleaning of my room. When I checked in, there was 1) numerous hair on the seat of the leather swivel desk chair, and there was 2) a used stirring straw on the carpet floor.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank 467debbyk
terri s, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus New Orleans Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us. We take the cleanliness of our rooms and hotel very seriously, and we hope you will accept our apologies for our carelessness during your visit. Your feedback has been shared with our team, and we have taken action to prevent similar mistakes. We encourage you to give us another chance so we can show you the hospitality you deserve.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

This hotel met our basic needs and expectations in most ways. I wouldn't seek it out in the future, but if we needed a hotel near the airport again, I wouldn't avoid it either.
- The rooms were clean enough (a closer look in the bathroom corners and at the tile grout shows a good, deep clean is needed).
- The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were way too large and lumpy.
- The internet, air conditioning, iron, and TV all worked perfectly (our only wish would be a channel guide for the TV).

The major disappointment was the breakfast. I don't have high expectations for a complimentary hotel breakfast, but this one really was terrible, so it deserves mentioning.
- waffle batter was super runny and hard to use
- flakes of black mold came out of the water dispenser into your cup
- coffee was terrible and not refilled when it ran out
- bread products and pastries were hard and stale
- fruit available was brown bananas, mushy apples, and dried out oranges
- there were not enough seats and tables for the volume of guests
- the man working in the breakfast area was far from pleasant and interested in being there

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2018

The hotel is close to the New Orleans Airport, though a bit distant from New Orleans itself. However, I found the extra driving time to be worthwhile as I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
The staff -- from the front desk to the housekeepers -- were courteous and helpful in every case.
The room was large, clean and comfortable (especially the huge bed). I was impressed by the large, well-designed bathroom and the large closet, as well as the profusion of charging outlets for laptop, cell phone, etc.
Breakfast offered both hot and cold options and a nice variety of each type.
There was plenty of parking available (sometimes that can be a problem at a mid-range hotel).
The only drawback I noticed was the proximity of the hotel property to two rail lines. Trains did pass frequently, and the horns and sounds of heavy freight cars were definitely noticeable. However...I am a railfan, so those sounds were welcome to my ears!
As mentioned previously, the hotel is a fair distance from New Orleans (and a bit of a drive to Kenner and Metairie). There is a VooDoo BBQ located a short distance away, at the Holiday Inn/St. Rose. Also, there is a casino (with restaurant and convenience store) that is walking distance from the Best Western parking lot. Gas stations and other services are available in both directions along Airline Highway.
This is a good hotel, and I plan to book a room at the Best Western Plus on future trips to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Rooms nearer the front desk may have less train "presence."
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Clean, quiet, comfortable, well staffed, and good basic breakfast buffet. Driving into N.O. for first time and wanted to stay outside of downtown for parking reasons. This was a great location with only about 30 minute drive into WWII museum in the am.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple