All reviews new orleans small kitchen minute drive large shopping center only stayed one night cold cereal complimentary breakfast is sofa bed two bedroom suite an older property front desk staff restaurants and shopping awesome stay comfortable stay would recommend this hotel to anyone yogurt booked this hotel
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

As many times as I’ve visited NOLA never considered TownPlace Suites, but the new nearby Residence Inn was sold out due to Essence Fest. For starters, the double room suite was very nice. Entire room was clean, beds were comfy and the master bedroom was huge. However, the pullout couch was disgusting! Marriott should be ashamed that this property is allowed to furnish a couch in the way our was. The mattress was dirty, stained and downright filthy!! Front desk said the mattress could not be replaced, but extra linens could be given. What a joke! We were offered an additional room at a discounted rate but considering this was Essence weekend any rate was already overpriced!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Lanell G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided to us.

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations. We do have a renovation planned in the upcoming months, and would love for you to see our progress.

As a valued guest, thank you for choosing us to accommodate you during your travels. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Harahan!

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Room was clean and staff friendly. Pool was closed and I saw a family rather disappointed by this when they got off the elevator in swim clothes and found it closed. Bed comfortable and enough linens. Only stayed one night. Their luggage carts are in bad shape. Room decor dated but our two rooms were clean. Breakfast area very small for a hotel this size. Breakfast was decent but nothing to get excited over. Located in a somewhat isolated area with no easy restaurants to walk to. A bit off the freeway. Plenty of brochures for local attractions and helpful staff.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Lanell G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hi Leonard,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Unfortunately, the pool had to be closed one morning as it was unsafe for guests to be in. One of the lights had come out leaving exposed wires. We actually received 3 brand new luggage carts last week, since we know this is an important part of our guests visit. We have a renovation starting in a few months, so we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

1) Bad customer service. Most staffs are nice and friendly, except one person name Kisha /Tisha (not sure her name). I wasn't even greet by this unfriendly receptionist. She was either watching basketball game on TV or just STARE at me during the check in. Very uncomfortable check in experience.

2) Bedroom problem. There was a miscommunication between my company and the hotel. I reserved a two bedroom suite but was given studio with one bed. I immediately told the receptionist and show her my confirmation email which clearly confirmed a two bedroom suite. This unfriendly lady insist the room she gave me is correct since I have one bed and sofa bed. This is a two bed bedroom. Luckily a gentleman (George or Josh, again forgot the name) heard the conversation and able to give us two bedroom (even though its not a suite but close to my two bedroom reservation. Careful when you made reservation.

3)This place need a makeover. The shower faucet is dripping, and rusted.The front door is old. The fridge is leaking and water all over. My dad called the front desk. The unfriendly lady didn't even apologized and told my dad to wipe the floor with towel. This is hotel problem not customer problem. She didn't even provide extra towel for us to use. I called her again and told her no, i'm not wiping the floor. She told me to move to other room. When I went down to change the room key, she looks annoyed.

4) Noise. The wall is very thin. I was woke up by someone conversation at the hallway at 5am.

I reserve this hotel because the hotel bear Marriott name. Unfortunately, this hotel is nothing like other Marriott operated hotel. I gave this hotel three stars because the gentleman try his best to fix the problem and very friendly front desk staff in the morning during check out, a basic customer service a three stars hotel should have.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The problems with this hotel start right at the front door. You are welcomed by a grimy door with layers of gobbed on and now peeling paint. This is representative of our entire stay. We stayed two days.

Room problems:
-Stained Carpets
-Broken Kitchen cabinet door (hanging on by one hinge)
-Doors and trim are all worn

Breakfast problems:
-Were out of most of the offered items or ran out of what they had
-Tables and floor were dirty and trash was full
-Only accommodates 24 guests (so yes very crowded).
-Only one employee trying to keep what food they had stocked and the place clean

Staff problems:
-Asked for the broken cabinet door to be fixed, it didn't happen
-Asked for an extra blanket and was told I'd have to run down to the front-desk to get it.

I've seen dirtier and more run-down hotels, but never one associated with a major brand (Hilton, Marriot, Best Western, Holiday-Inn express, etc). I would avoid this hotel for sure. They had a sign up showing Trip Advisor recommended in 2011. I imagine it was a nice hotel 7 years ago, but 7 years of neglect have ruined it.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Latisha E, Manager at TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Our apologies for falling short of our standards and goals
We will soon undergo renovations.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

The hotel check in was smooth and easy. Unlike most hotels the main entrance is not huge, just a Welcome sign. The room is well laid out, with a full mini-kitchen (with oven)
so full meals could be prepared here. Plates, glasses and flatware are provided. Although we did not use the kitchen, it could be very helpful if you are trying to save the cost of eating out. They also have gas grills outside for cooking. Eating in your room would be a bit of a challenge as table tops are at a premium.
There is a good work place with plenty of plugs.
The bed was comfortable, especially if you like a softer bed. The TV can be watched from the couch, but can then spin to watch from the bed. It looks a bit awkward.
The area has a large shopping center nearby, Elmwood Plaza. There are several different types of restaurants in the general area. We walked over to the mall and felt safe along the way.
This hotel is a bit older, but still functional and in good repair. The breakfast room was a bit crowded, but it comes and goes. Both hot and cold foods are served, including fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereal selections and fried eggs and sausage. Several coffees were available including decaf, house blend (in lobby) and dark roast- which tasted excellent.
Check out was easy and the front desk staff helpful. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 204 has the swimming pool outside- louder when the pool has kids yelling.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple