“Meh”

Airboat Swamp Adventures
Reviewed 15 October 2017

My husband and I booked this tour based on the glowing reviews we’d read online, but we were extremely disappointed. We came across only two alligators, one of which I never saw because it was on the other side of the boat. We did get to hold a baby alligator the captain had onboard, but I couldn’t help but wonder if all that handling was In the best interest of the gator. We didn’t find the captain particularly informative. Basically, it was an expensive boat ride that took more than four hours out of our limited time in New Orleans.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"guide"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Although this tour will kill a morning or afternoon it is well worth it. First we did not go in the summer when the gators are more active and we went on a overcast cool morning. The guide was worried what we would see but ended up seeing 17 gators. Most were juvenile (5 to 6 foot). But did see two really big boys!! The tour provides headphones as the airboats are really noisy. The guide even brought out a really small 18 inch gator and let everyone pass him around and take pictures with it!!! Extremely glad we spent 4 hours off Bourbon street to do this once in a lifetime activity!!!!

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Had a great trip with Capt. Gary. He gave us a great ride and saw some wonderful sites. Plenty of wildlife, birds and beautiful swamp scenes.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I booked this $79/pp tour through our B&B after our arrival. We rented a car so we were able to drive to the location which was about 40 minutes from our location near the French Quarter.

Our tour guide, David, is very nice and knowledgeable gentleman who expertly guided our small party of five on the airboat. I didn't experience one moment of feeling uneasy....even with the alligators lurking. There was lush vegetation, beautiful flora and fauna, and wildlife to see in our 2 hour trip. If you go, wear something you don't mind getting a little muddy as the boat kicked up some along the way. It gets hot and there are stretches when you can't escape the sun. So wear sunblock and bug spray. A hat isn't a bad idea either as long as you can secure it on your head.

I would recommend this tour for anyone seeking something adventurous but relatively safe. It's suitable for most ages. But small children may be an issue because the bench seats don't have seatbelts.

A shout out to David and the team for a wonderful experience. We will certainly recommend this trip to the Trip Advisor readers as well as our family and friends.

1  Thank Sharon B