“Great tour!!”

Airboat Swamp Adventures
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Although this tour will kill a morning or afternoon it is well worth it. First we did not go in the summer when the gators are more active and we went on a overcast cool morning. The guide was worried what we would see but ended up seeing 17 gators. Most were juvenile (5 to 6 foot). But did see two really big boys!! The tour provides headphones as the airboats are really noisy. The guide even brought out a really small 18 inch gator and let everyone pass him around and take pictures with it!!! Extremely glad we spent 4 hours off Bourbon street to do this once in a lifetime activity!!!!

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Had a great trip with Capt. Gary. He gave us a great ride and saw some wonderful sites. Plenty of wildlife, birds and beautiful swamp scenes.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I booked this $79/pp tour through our B&B after our arrival. We rented a car so we were able to drive to the location which was about 40 minutes from our location near the French Quarter.

Our tour guide, David, is very nice and knowledgeable gentleman who expertly guided our small party of five on the airboat. I didn't experience one moment of feeling uneasy....even with the alligators lurking. There was lush vegetation, beautiful flora and fauna, and wildlife to see in our 2 hour trip. If you go, wear something you don't mind getting a little muddy as the boat kicked up some along the way. It gets hot and there are stretches when you can't escape the sun. So wear sunblock and bug spray. A hat isn't a bad idea either as long as you can secure it on your head.

I would recommend this tour for anyone seeking something adventurous but relatively safe. It's suitable for most ages. But small children may be an issue because the bench seats don't have seatbelts.

A shout out to David and the team for a wonderful experience. We will certainly recommend this trip to the Trip Advisor readers as well as our family and friends.

1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 23 May 2016

There are a few different companies who offer air boat tours of the bayou swamps and marshes so I'm really pleased we chose this one. David was knowledgeable, gave a great tour and took us to some beautiful serene spots in the swamp. Of course, being a bit of a speed junkie, I also enjoyed the thrill of an airboat flying over the canals. :)
No hesitation in recommending this company!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 April 2016

As a past resident of New Orleans I had taken family and friends on tours of the area swamps many times. Wow was this the best ever, I went on this one because we needed to be picked up from the French Quarter and it was included in the price. I could not believe it when our Airboat pilot made a left turn off of a beautiful Spanish moss canal into what looked like dry land we zoomed deep into swamp with barely an inch of water what a FANTASTIC rush. He stopped at an Alligator nest that he said was a recent hatchery. Then it actually beats around the grass and scoops up a baby for us to hold and photo. Best tour of swamp ever and cheaper than most.